Wedding Woes
Options

Question for the regs...

How did you get involved in TK? Did most of you find it for your own wedding? Or planning when you weren't engaged yet? Or some other reason?

Of course, you're all welcome to ask me anything as well!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Question for the regs...

• Options
    I came on here when I was a beebee college bride, newly engaged.  That was about a bajillion years ago.
  • Options
    Yes, I came on, joined my month board.  Decided it was too cliquey, wandered around.  Participated in AFB (before it was Snarky Brides), decided THAT was too cliquey and came here.
  • Options
    i came on ~5mo before we got engaged because i knew thats where we were headed. i lurked a lot on WW because the posts had a tendency to be funny, and i liked the snarkiness. i started posting more and more and the ladies were pretty awesome, so i stuck around... will be 7 years this summer. 
  • Options
    When the first of our 4 girls got engaged back on 2004 I found the knot.  Met some great people on here and stuck around.  2 other daughters have since married, one more to go, someday.
  • Options
    Joined the day after I got engaged, and a friend directed me to the chat boards.  I lurked around here, P&E (it was cool back then) and SB.  I eventually decided I fit in here the best.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    Planning my own wedding. I stuck to my local for a while, but then PMeg and another reg from that board came over here, and I started lurking. I started posting little by little, and now it's almost 8 years later and I'm still here, being a cyber-bully. 
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    same as barbie.
  • Options
    How did you get involved in TK? My photographer directed me to my local, after having some problems with my venue.

Did most of you find it for your own wedding? Yes.

Or planning when you weren't engaged yet? No.

Or some other reason? No.
  • Options
    I signed up around the time I got engaged. I never really cared much for my local or month board, but I lurked a lot on here, SB, NEY and P&E. I ended up picking this board to post on mostly because I thought wonderwife was the funniest person I'd ever encountered.
  • Options
    Was planning my vowel renewal, hells yeah, I'm that person!!!

Looking at stuff,  Actually was a regular on P&E back on the day with occasional lurking on WW.  Eventually jumped in and started posting.  I think this was about 7 years ago now.
  • Options
    I hung out on my local and became friends with the infamous TexasFiona. I made a post about how some people had mistakenly sent us a TON of stuff off our registry thinking we were someone else, and wondering if I should just keep it. Of course TF ran over here, reposted it, I followed, threw up a hearty YOUDON'TKNOWME!!! and ran away. Except then I came back, eventually joined in, and I've been here for almost.... lord, eight years.
  • Options
    I signed up within a week of getting engaged and joined my month board.  The girls were nice but I didn't fit in there.  Someone kept talking about WW and how harsh they were, so I came over to check it out and never left.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I origionally got an account when I was helping w/ a friend's wedding.
    mostly lurked on RE (back when WW was RE) and had L&L as my home board.
    I still ahve connections w/ a bunch of the L&Lers but for theknut, this is home :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards