Wedding Woes
Options

Is this a little, I don't know the word

This is a friend's fb status:

"I officially finished Change Management and have 14 days with no school work. If any peeps who have been missing me would like to have dinner, let me know! There are a few that whine about it a lot so I better here from you. Love you all and peace out...."

Frankly, I am one of the people that has been a little hurt that she never has time to call.  Not even when she got custody of her daughter back after I spent so much time listening and helping her.  I have to say though that this, doesn't make me want to call her.

Re: Is this a little, I don't know the word

• Options
    ReeseFoxReeseFox member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say she's probably trying to be funny, but there's no 'lol' or anything to indicate that's the case.  I hate to believe that someone really is just that crass. If my friend posted that, I don't think I would be inclined to call either.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'd probably call anyway and tell her the FB status was b!tchy and let's have dinner.  But my friends and I tend to be like that anyway.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone's life is busy.  Some people just get so caught up in their own world that they don't even realize their own rudeness/ poor friendship skills.  Personally, if I knew that there were friends that I might have (even unintentionally) hurt - I think I'd contact them personally and invite them out rather than putting out a big blast and waiting for people to approach me.   I would also feel kind of hurt if I supported my friend through something major and they didn't even bother to share the outcome with me.  Not knowing much about this person or your friendship, I'm guessing she doesn't mean to be a tool - she's just all wrapped up in herself right now.  I'd expect that she wont be getting too many phone calls for dinner dates and perhaps she will get a clue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that status update would make me never want to call her.  I don't care how busy you are, that's just obnoxious.  I've also been accused of being "cold and judgmental" though....
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hmm.  I think I'd be more inclined to just call up the people *I* wanted to have dinner with, vs. making myself available for requests.  Weird.

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-little-dont-word?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:b7c011de-0bd6-4d9b-9a1c-931d95136ce6Post:a4279f37-21f6-4b62-80f6-25dc6ec0187e">Re: Is this a little, I don't know the word</a>:
    [QUOTE] I've also been accused of being "cold and judgmental" though....
    Posted by Callmebetty[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Come sit next to me. 

</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-little-dont-word?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:b7c011de-0bd6-4d9b-9a1c-931d95136ce6Post:339db70c-85d7-4afc-b935-be99137c918c">Re: Is this a little, I don't know the word</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is this a little, I don't know the word : Come sit next to me. 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

<div>Gladly.  For the record, "cold and judgmental" was an actual quote from an ex-friend, not a misuse of quotation marks for emphasis (Can you tell I'm kind of a board stalker?). </div>
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards