Wedding Woes
Options

Intuition vs. Paranoia Help!

It is a very long story so in short:
I was doing homework, my hubby watching football, suddenly gets a text and gets his phone and proceeds to text the person consistently for at least 30 minutes. Our relationship is super open, we don't ever hide anything, if something is irking us and bothering us, we get it out in the open right away in order to squash the issue. However, I asked him what he was doing and this is how out convo went

me: what are you up to
him: I am on my phone
me: well yeah I know that, but what are you doing on your phone
him: nothing
me: you've been on it for like half an hour, I can hear it
him: it's not of your business
me: yes it is my business, you're always asking me
him: you're freaking out over nothing

So I know I shouldn't let this bother me but when I am texting someone and he asks me and it takes me too long to respond he takes my phone from my hand and reads my texts.

Is this a red flag cause we've all heard the idea that if you're checking someone else's phone, it's because you're paranoid about them checking yours because you're hiding something. Or am I just going crazy and he was just being a jerk last night? Undecided

Re: Intuition vs. Paranoia Help!

• Options
    Leg de NicoLeg de Nico member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How old are you guys?
    aka: nicoleg1982
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he sounds like a jerk in general, and yes, it sounds like he is cheating on you.

btw, it's "irking." 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Urking = http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_RZphDLgXUZQ/TP-dtAMbW0I/AAAAAAAABb8/jHoKtwgxj8Q/s640/urkel.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Either he's planning a surprise party for you or he is tapping some hoochie on the side.

I already know my answer.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the "help" I didn't ask for insolent remarks I asked for a real response. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_intuition-vs-paranoia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:bd561a4a-3489-442c-9521-a8d9fbc41951Post:689a2d62-cba1-4d13-9841-94a39a196417">Intuition vs. Paranoia Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It is a very long story so in short: I was doing homework, my hubby watching football, suddenly gets a text and gets his phone and proceeds to text the person consistently for at least 30 minutes. Our relationship is super open, we don't ever hide anything, if something is irking us and bothering us, we get it out in the open right away in order to squash the issue. However, I asked him what he was doing and this is how out convo went me: what are you up to him: I am on my phone me: well yeah I know that, but what are you doing on your phone him: nothing me: you've been on it for like half an hour, I can hear it him: it's not of your business me: yes it is my business, you're always asking me him: you're freaking out over nothing So I know I shouldn't let this bother me but when I am texting someone and he asks me and it takes me too long to respond he takes my phone from my hand and reads my texts. Is this a red flag cause we've all heard the idea that if you're checking someone else's phone, it's because you're paranoid about them checking yours because you're hiding something. Or am I just going crazy and he was just being a jerk last night? 
    Posted by CortNort[/QUOTE]

JIC
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]Is this a red flag cause we've all heard the idea that if you're checking someone else's phone, it's because you're paranoid about them checking yours because you're hiding something. Or am I just going crazy and he was just being a jerk last night? 

cort -- seriously, these are all giant red flag. 

he won't tell you who he's texting but he has to know who you are texting: he thinks there are different rules for you than there are for him.

i won't even go into the phone grabbing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_intuition-vs-paranoia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:bd561a4a-3489-442c-9521-a8d9fbc41951Post:aeb2ea77-0a30-4951-8042-be410ed33d48">Re: Intuition vs. Paranoia Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the "help" I didn't ask for insolent remarks I asked for a real response. 

You <em>are</em> getting real responses.  You just don't like them.  (And if it's the spelling corrections that you think are "insolent," you obviously haven't been on TK that long - spelling gets corrected all the time around here.  It's actually a kindness to the poster - you don't want to go around spelling things incorrectly, do you?)
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    he is a controlling ass if he thinks it is ok to grab your phone from you.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If a man grabbed my phone from me it'd be followed by a swift fist to the nuts. That's red flag number one.
    As far as the sneaky texting, If he's not doing anything wrong, then he would tell you what he's doing...So I think you already know the answer here.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    i'm betting he's controlling in other aspects of your relationship, too.

getting grabby with your phone/checking out your convos and hiding his are all huge red flags.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You are both throwing up some major trust red flags. 

How old are you?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    21 and 22
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    List all of the reasons why you think you love and want to marry him, and all of the reasons you don't.

You need to see on paper what we are seeing on this screen.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    they're already married.  *sigh*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_intuition-vs-paranoia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:bd561a4a-3489-442c-9521-a8d9fbc41951Post:0720cbb6-fa18-4f52-a9bb-42f34f2cac03">Re: Intuition vs. Paranoia Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]List all of the reasons <strong>why you think you love and want to marry him</strong>, and all of the reasons you don't. You need to see on paper what we are seeing on this screen.
    Posted by NOLABridesmaid[/QUOTE]

They're already married NOLA.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh! Darn, I got nothing then.:(
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No we aren't, we will be in 5 months, I've just gotten used to calling him hubby
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Heck, y'all, I'm done.

Cork, please take my advice and start that list because it's more than enough time to stop this train.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_intuition-vs-paranoia?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:bd561a4a-3489-442c-9521-a8d9fbc41951Post:8ee4eb3b-bb60-45f8-94af-93bc992eff67">Re: Intuition vs. Paranoia Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No we aren't, we will be in 5 months, I've just gotten used to calling him hubby

::headdesk::

Then please follow NOLA's last post. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cort, what have your family been saying about him? Do they like him?
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Nostrakuusmus predicts something like this for your future, minus the late marriage and stepkids:

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/59849388.aspx
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards