Wedding Woes
Options

NWR....I want my house back!

Ok, first off, please do not think ill of me for feeling this way, but I need to vent.  My soon to be SD is here, she's 8.  I have three children of my own, who are in no way angels but they know my house rules.

My SD is beyond spoiled.  She's 8 and her mother and grandparents revolve their whole worlds around her and her "needs" even down to their work schedules.  She is 8 and has every video game system in her room with her own 46" flat screen tv because she  "needs" her personal space.  She "needs" four different bikes in different colors because she has four favorite colors.  Her grandfather decided she "needed" a fourwheeler because he has a big yard that was too much for her to run around in (can I mention she weighs over 100lbs?!) 

**She came here with a cold and has a terrible cough.  My FI said her mother told him that she refuses to take cough medicine and will only take cough drops. I put my foot down on that and I fought her for 15 minutes to take the medicine so she would sleep. Guess what...she liked the medicine and now takes it with no issue.

She is here for the week and she can not figure out how to entertain herself.  She needs me to do EVERYTHING for her.  She wants to play on the computer, but she 'doesn't know' how to get to different web sites?!  I'm sorry, but you have your own laptop AND IPad at home so don't play that game with me.  I finally had enough and I finally told her that if she couldn't find something to do, she could take a nap.  I had offered her craft projects, but she refuses because I won't do them for her.  I offered to rent a movie for her, but no because I wouldn't let her watch an R rated movie like her mom does.  It has now resulted in her running to my daughters room, slamming the door and screaming that she wants to go home NOW!  I have so far ignored her but it's getting hard because she is getting louder.

She's just a demanding child that is so used to being catered to that I can't handle it.  She always gets her way about everything. Meals are dictated by her, tv shows that are watched are the ones SHE wants, her mother even rented the apartment they live in because this 8 year old girl refuses to climb a flight of stairs because it's too much.

I'm sorry and I know I sound like a horrible person for venting like this, but I am in the middle of finals and trying to get three HUGE papers written in one day, my only day off of work this week besides Thanksgiving.

I have talked to my FI about this and he totally understands.  He is very supportive when he's here in dealing with her.  He agrees that she is a handfull but part of him feels bad because she lives 5 hours away so we don't see her that much.  He is kinda torn.  But I will say 95% of the time he is totally on board with me when it comes to dealing with her.  And the 5% he's not, I can handle that.  I just needed to vent.

Re: NWR....I want my house back!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of cough syrup?
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You are capable of writing 3 HUGE papers in one day?  Sorry, that makes me question everything else you wrote because either you like to exaggerate or you are the most prolific writer in the history of the world.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    renjon7798renjon7798 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been up since 6 am and writting straight thru.  They are my final drafts so it's just a matter of editing them and self-correcting, but it's still time consuming.  I am done with my easy two.  (Business ethics and Customer Relations)  It's my Micro class that is the hardest.

I got her Triamitic daytime in grape flavor.  She has taken it just fine this am and just now again. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you are really serious about having your own space, I suggest you get a job out of state, get an apartment, and move without your FI, children, or dogs. It is the ONLY thing that worked for me.

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    So - The rest of her family tries to buy her love instead of doing anything with her. 

You have shown an interest in her well-being, and she responds by seeking your attention.

Instead of giving it to her and helping her become a decent human being, you complain about how she's all up in your grill.

My solution? Send her to me. I have an almost 8-y-o girl, and I would gladly raise another one properly, since no one in her original or step families seems to want to do so. 
  • Options
    checkitnicecheckitnice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      That stinks.  Your FI should have taken the week off to spend with his daughter, instead of having you watch her while you have stuff you need to get done.

Call me a unicorn, I don't care.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So you don't consider it her house too?  Nice stepmom.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What bmom said. It sounds like she wants to hang out with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards