Wedding Woes
Options

Nanny's in the hospital with pre-e

And a kidney infection.  And is on bedrest for the remainder of her pregnancy.  And has quit as a result. 

I really hope she's okay.  And I know that DH is going to freakthefuck out.  Until we find someone new, he's going to have DD all day while I'm at work.  Which is not really his thing.  He is totally going to lose his isht over this.  I hope I'm wrong, but after 12 years together, I don't think I am.

Well, back to the drawing board.  I guess if we found good childcare once, we can do it again, right?  In the mean time, I just have to keep Mr. Heff from getting so desperate that he leaves her in the kiddie corner at Starbucks for an hour or two while he quietly cries in the car.

Re: Nanny's in the hospital with pre-e

• Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope she's ok.  How far along is she now?

I'm sending you excellent daycare vibes.  And don't let him give you crap about this.  It's no one's fault.  Everyone needs to be a team player until you find a solution.  Good luck.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I hope she's okay too.

Childcare can be a pain, but I'm sure you can get through this.
  • Options
    *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I hope she's okay.

GL finding someone. There are lot's of people looking for jobs right now. Hope one of them is a kick ass nanny for you.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Taw.  Couldn't have said it better.
    imageimage
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_nannys-hospital-pre-e?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c0d47609-982e-44b0-a1bf-4932e9f16568Post:02b20266-0386-40c2-8683-41e6805908fd">Re: Nanny's in the hospital with pre-e</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hope she's ok.  How far along is she now? I'm sending you excellent daycare vibes.  And don't let him give you crap about this.  It's no one's fault.  Everyone needs to be a team player until you find a solution.  Good luck.
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, somewhat:  he just called me back, and although he was in a near-panic for the first minute or two, he calmed down pretty quickly and was rational from there on.  To the point where he said he doesn't want DD bounced around from place to place (AGREED) and maybe he'll just take her full time until he gets a job.  Which was the original plan, until the whole SAHD thing made him start losing his marbles.  I think DD is easier for him now that she's a toddler--less like a baby and more like a kid.  They can do more together.  (You should have seen her helping him install the cabinet latches yesterday.)

I really hope Miss Holly is okay.  I know pre-e is nothing to screw with.  Oh, and to answer your question, Taw, DH and I were just discussing how far along she is:  I thought she was 26 weeks, DH thought 28, so somewhere right in there. 
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Sorry for the double post, but really, I always felt that having a nanny--even part-time--while DH wasn't working was a luxury.  I only agreed to it because DH was seriously unable to cope with having DD 9 hrs/day x 5 days/week, and I felt that even though it wouldn't be my first choice, in that situation it was better than watching DH go insane.  But honestly?  Although I am worried for Miss Holly, if it were solely up to me, I would rather have DD with DH anyway.  And if he now thinks that he can handle it in the short-term until he gets a job, then I'm sad for the nanny but not for us.  KWIM?
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you find someone soon.

I'm sure your DH will adjust to having DD during the day. And they might actually have more fun and get closer this way.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad he's being cool about it.  It's a stressful thing for you to bear on your own.  I agree with LS.  She'll be daddy's sidekick in no time.

Wow at bedrest for 12 weeks.  Hope she's ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards