Options

Who won all the Grammys?

That guy ::points down::

Re: Who won all the Grammys?

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I was thinking of you ALL NIGHT Min.   I've determined that Dave Grohl hasn't aged since about 1998.  

Krist Novoselic, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

They rocked it.
  • Options
    I thought of you everytime I saw them on stage.

And I'm really happy with the exposure Civil Wars got when opening for T-Swift. Their album was one of my favorites from last year and it made my heart swell to see so many people on my FB feed asking about them after their mini-performance.
  • Options
    I'm in.love with the Civil Wars now.   I went and looked them up immediately after they sang.
  • Options
    I can't believe people didn't know who the Civil Wars were.  Hee.  I'm lamesauce.

Also, MIN---my SCORE! text was for the Foo.
  • Options

I never heard of the Civil Wars until this post.  I didn't watch the Grammy's. :)

• Options
    Taw - you're welcome in advance:
    http://youtu.be/ODOOo-R6kg8
  • Options
    Also, Rhianna brought it. 

It should be noted her performance wasn't entirely dissimilar to Madonna's halftime show.....but Rhainna wasn't wearing eleven inch, knee-high heels. Good girl for picking the practical shoes.
  • Options

I didn't start watching until late, but here are my observations:

* I do kind of like Taylor Swift but I hate her face when she acts all amazed that people are applauding.  Chica, it is a live Grammy performance. Even if you sucked it up there would be applause.  Close your mouth before you catch a fly.

* Adele is skinny and her voice is now different.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  As much as I love her, I don't think she deserved to win EVERYTHING.

* Nicki Minaj was up and I said to H, "oh, I always like to watch her.  She is quirky and interesting."  But that performance was just dumb.  If it was making a statement, I didn't understand what it was.  It was like she was just trying to be offensive with no redeeming value.  And of course it was timing so that it was coming on just as people like my dad were trying to tune in for the local news.  I can only imagine how many people were even more horrified than me.

* Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen and those other dudes made for a refreshing palette (I don't know how to spell that word) cleanser.  I was glad they ended on that note.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So, I'm listening to The Civil Wars now, and I have to ask - How was Taylor Swift not completely embarrassed to go on *after* them? They're awesome. She's - not. 
  • Options
    Ha.  Baconsmom-there was a tweet something along the line of Kanye's-I'm sorry Taylor Swift you're great but that was the greatest opening act of all time.  Much funnier than that though.

I seriously rolled my eyes at the whole Beach Boys thing...I don't care who knows it.

I think Adele had to change her voice and how she used it after her surgery...rightly so.  And I am sure the stress caused her to lose weight.

• Options
    Adele was GORGEOUS. Stunning. I l-o-v-e-d her dress.

I think Taylor Swift can writing one hell of a song. "One day, I'll beeeeee, living in a big ol' city....."

I didn't watch the Beach Boys because I hate them. And I didn't watch the other guys because they don't interest me.

Then my DVR crapped out and I missed the last part.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards