Wedding Woes
Options

This makes me want to stab someone in the face.

Call Old Neuro - I need to sign the paperwork so you can send my records to my New Neuro.

Lady #1: Oh, your new doc needs to send something. Call them and they'll send the paperwork.

Call #1 to New Place: Hi, I need my sh1t sent so you can see my old brain scans to see if I am going to die.

Them #1: Wrong dept. I'll transfer you.

Call #2 to New Place: Hi, I need my sh1t sent so you can see my old brain scans to see if I am going to die.

Them #2: Wrong dept. I'll transfer you.

Call #3 to New Place: Hi, I need my sh1t sent so you can see my old brain scans to see if I am going to die.

Them #3: You'll have to send paperwork to your old doctor before we can contact them.

Me ::HULK SMASH::

I'll just die. It's less complicated.

Re: This makes me want to stab someone in the face.

• Options
    Ugh.  I went through something similar once.  But no, your new doctor doesn't need to send something.  They are YOUR medical records and not secrets that only doctors can see. Have old doc send them to YOU, then you hand deliver them to new doc.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
  • Options
    I need to send old doc permission to send my stuff. The issue, is they are MRI results: so the reports and scans are in two different places.

At this point, I am giving up on pre- and post- data. They are getting what they collect. I don't know WHO has WHAT and what I know for sure, is that it is not all in ONE place. Ef it.
  • Options
    We went through this all the time. The verbiage I always told patients to say was that new doctor can't order records, b/c you're not technically new doctor's patient yet, so they have no legal right to order them (even if you've seen new doc, just say this, it scares them into doing their danged job).

Fill out old neuro's paperwork and put new neuro's fax number/contact info on it.  Course, it might be good for you to have a copy anyway, so if you send it to you, take it to new neuro to make copy for their office.

Medical records/information/HIPPA information is the department you need.

Since you have brain scans involved, it could change things.  But anymore that stuff is on CDs and medical records should still take care of it.  Just make sure on old neuro's paperwork to mark that you want brain scans and circle it, so attention is drawn to it for sure.

Sorry, getting medical records is a PITA for everyone.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-makes-me-want-to-stab-someone-in-the-face?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:c1b26438-fe6c-4254-95c5-1f5a259616a6Post:cdd57ec4-a8ba-42d7-ab76-1ab39431a8bd">Re: This makes me want to stab someone in the face.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I need to send old doc permission to send my stuff. The issue, is they are MRI results: so the reports and scans are in two different places.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]
    Is it within same hospital/clinic system?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_this-makes-me-want-to-stab-someone-in-the-face?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c1b26438-fe6c-4254-95c5-1f5a259616a6Post:e09143ba-4a19-4d32-ac20-a58bbf47f236">Re: This makes me want to stab someone in the face.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We went through this all the time. The verbiage I always told patients to say was that new doctor can't order records, b/c you're not technically new doctor's patient yet, so they have no legal right to order them (even if you've seen new doc, just say this, it scares them into doing their danged job). Fill out old neuro's paperwork and put new neuro's fax number/contact info on it.  Course, it might be good for you to have a copy anyway, so if you send it to you, take it to new neuro to make copy for their office. Medical records/information/HIPPA information is the department you need. Since you have brain scans involved, it could change things.  But anymore that stuff is on CDs and medical records should still take care of it.  Just make sure on old neuro's paperwork to mark that you want brain scans and circle it, so attention is drawn to it for sure. Sorry, getting medical records is a PITA for everyone.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

No. I do not need medical records, they sent me to radiology and no, they are not in the same place. Ef it. They get nothing. Like I said, it's not worth it. These people are supposed to help keep you healthy, not make it so hard you go crazy.

Where are my electronic records? Huh?
  • Options
    I got a CD of DD's MRI by going to hospital records. I filled out a paper while there and picked it up. I know it's harder when you're out of state, but call medical records. As for the reports  those will be in your chart with the old neuro.

I've been dealing with getting all of my and DD's records for my Big Binder of Brain Damage.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If the MRI was at a separate clinic, your doctor's office can't release another office's records even if they have them. That clinic is where it's at.  If the MRI was done at the hospital your doctor has privileges at, the hospital will have to help you, for same reason.

But if the MRI was done at the same clinic the doc is part of, medical records should still help you get it, b/c they're the ones that have the HIPPA compliance office.  They're just being lazy by sending you to radiology.  They have to have radiology send them the info, yes, but that's not your problem, it's theirs.

People get the runaround all the danged time when it comes to stupid medical information.  It's ridicuous.
  • Options
    People get the runaround all the danged time when it comes to stupid medical information. It's ridicuous.

This is the part I am pissed about. All anyone wants to do is transfer you to another dept. Oh, they want scans instead of records, that's radiology, not medical records and not the neuro's office. But really, everyone wants everything and it all has to be FAX'd? Really? FAX?

I know how to get medical records when I can march in and ask for them. This from another state thing is dang near impossible. Forget getting a question about my mom answered.
  • Options
    I had this when I transferred from my OB's office to the midwife. I had an ultrasound at like 18 weeks and all they sent the midwife was copies of the pictures they took. No report, no copy of the actual ultrasound. Just poorly made copies. And they took forever to do it. I had to have all my danged bloodwork (all 8 tubes) redone because of those slow ass feckers. And yes- 2 years later I am bitter.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

I'm sorry it's incredibly frustrating and is usually happening to people at the worst moments of their lives.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards