Wedding Woes

**loveshine**

Do you still do the brazilian hair straightening? (or did you up until the pregnancy?)

STL had a groupon for it last week, and I went ahead and bought it.  Now I'm trying to figure out when to make the appointment for. 

I haven't looked into it in ages, but isn't there a 3-day period afterward where you can't wash your hair or put it behind your ears or in a ponytail?  How strict is that? (If the boys grab at my hair, will it be OK? If I slip up, how long can it be behind my ear before I have a permanent dent?)

I'm having a hard time coming up with 3 days where I can get away without putting my hair back or risking someone sticking a yogurt-y hand in it.

Thoughts?

Re: **loveshine**

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't do it anymore, but only because I missed having my hair wavy/curly. I loved doing it though, and I'll probably do it again at some point.

It's actually nearly 4 days of no-washing and no putting up, no tucking behind the ears, etc. I would typically wash it on the morning of the 4th day. If the boys yank your hair (as long as their hands aren't covered in food or whatever), it's fine.

Your hair will be greasy by the end, but if you tuck it behind your ears or whatever, and it gets a small bend, just run a flat iron over it and it should be totally fine. Shower with a shower cap on, and always keep an umbrella with you those first 3-4 days.

It's well worth it, IMO. It will save you loads of time in the morning. Your hair will dry naturally or by blowdry, perfectly straight.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does the hair stink during those 4 days (chemical-stink, not BO-stink)?

edited December 2011
    Very slightly. But I found it goes away after the first day or two, and then the dirty hair smell starts to take over towards the end.

• DG1DG1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_loveshine-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:c40107b8-6c70-45e6-8106-4fcdf0400870Post:acaeac57-6fcf-4be2-a821-6c5a0c355f43">Re: **loveshine**</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very slightly. But I found it goes away after the first day or two, and then the dirty hair smell starts to take over towards the end.
    Posted by loveshine1[/QUOTE]

ha! Charming.  I'm sure it will be so worth it.

• edited December 2011
    I would go crazy after three days of not being able to put my hair up.
  • DG1DG1 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_loveshine-17?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:c40107b8-6c70-45e6-8106-4fcdf0400870Post:609e0d5f-b061-4a20-87ba-935eb6465e11">Re: **loveshine**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would go crazy after three days of not being able to put my hair up.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

I know.  I get pretty frustrated with it, and it's up a lot.  I'm considering waiting a month or two until the weather is cooler, at least.  I'm also wondering if the place is all booked for the short term because so many people took advantage of the groupon.

edited December 2011
    You get used to it. It's super gross, but after a while, like the 3rd day, you don't even care anymore. And that first wash is glorious, trust me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards