Wedding Woes
Options

Need a pick me up

Hey girls! The wedding is becoming more frustrating then fun with my family, and with it so close I would love to get back that same excitement from when it all started! Advice??

Re: Need a pick me up

• Options
    I'm sorry you're frustrated, and I know how you feel when it seems like no one really cares about the wedding a faction of the amount as much as you do!  Whenever I feel stressed, anxious, worried, down, etc... I just imagine myself at the wedding, in my dress and standing next to my fiance.  I also think about how amazing it will feel to be his wife after we leave the reception.
  • Options
    That is really good advice. It is nice to try and see past this stage we are at right now to look forward to what it is all for. And it is even nicer to just hear someone say they understand, that has done wonders for me somehow!! THANK YOU!
  • Options
    I too am getting married April 10th, and am doing most of the planning myself. My family has been involved, but there have also been arguments over guests, the menu, little things. It comes with the territory. But bottom line, it's not their job to be involved and get as excited as you, it's not their wedding. As for your FI, not at all surprising he's not interested in planning. Mine isn't that into it either, which is fine with me. That means I get to make all the decorating and food decisions!

Now that it's only a couple months away, I've found that every weekend is dedicated to wedding stuff (especially since we're getting married out of town) so I'm getting a little stressed too. But ultimately, you just have to keep picturing the big day. I've never been married, but I choose to believe that all the tension and stress and crazy planning will be worth it on April 10th. So, just keep that day in mind and let everything else roll off your shoulders.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_need-pick-up?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:c59b2adc-94e3-4083-92c2-f09b83ccc549Post:72179408-631d-4a86-af87-0889160b33cb">Need a pick me up</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey girls! I am getting married April 10th (64 days!) and suddenly it seems like all of the fun has been sucked out of the process already. It has turned into arguments with a procrastinating fiance, my family not being as active as I would like them to be, and some bridesmaids not seeming all that interested. I feel like I don't have anyone to talk to. It was really exciting right at first, and I am sad that it seems like the wedding itself is causing so much stress and tension. Anyone have any advice for how to turn this thing around and get that momentum back as I approach the big day? I am just so frustrated.
    Posted by cwshreve[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Your family and your BMs are under no obligation to help.  While it is nice if people show interest your wedding is only the center of your life, not everyone else's.  If you are having a hard time doing things on your own you need to ask your FI to step up or scale back your plans.  The planning, the errands, and all the other wedding chores are the responsibility of you and your FI, no one else.</div><div>
    </div><div>Wedding planning is only as stressful as you make it and if your FI, your friends, you, and your family are all extremely stressed about it that should tell you something; you need to calm down.

</div>
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are stressed I understand how it feels, but as my Fiance pointed out it is one days, it doesn't have to be perfect and we have the rest of our lives to look forward to. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards