Wedding Woes
Options

argument 4

Re: argument 4

• Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I say something and H hates me for it.  We've had some of our biggest fights because of this.  I might be a bit of a micro-manager in this department so I try to hold my tongue, but there have been plenty of times when I'm sure I've saved my life for shouting about an oncoming car or a stop sign he wasn't noticing.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to breathe deeply and go to my happy place when H drives.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used to freak the eff out immediately and say something and we'd fight.  Now, I gather the evidence.  It doesn't help the fighting, but I feel much more justified in criticizing.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    H is a good driver so I've never had to say anything.  I had a friend that was either slam on the gas or slam on the brakes.  She'd also listen to music at the most ear splitting level, talk on the phone, and not pay attention.  I would say something to her.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    i was driving.  i was going 30.  dh said, "can you please not follow that van so closely?"  dude, i'm trying to merge onto the gw parkway, and i need to get up to speed so i can pass that van and merge while not being driven off the cliff and into the river by the other, normal cars who are going 60 so EFF.  THAT.  VAN.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I drive. 

No, seriously. We almost always fight in the car. If we're in his truck, no, I don't say anything - I can't drive the truck, I don't know how it handles, it's nonemybusiness. 

But he thinks my car has some giant engine or something, and that it weighs twice what it does. He's gotten  better since driving Bacon to school and being more used to it, but he drives my poor little Toyota so hard and then complains when it doesn't do what he wants. 

So. Unless I'm impaired, I drive. 
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and he doesn't notice my driving, so, no, he never complains. 
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used to fight about this all the time. I solved the problem by always letting Man drive, and calming the eff down when he does. He recently became hip to my game though and is making me drive more, then yelling at me for how slow I go and how I "drive like a Californian."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    normally, dh drives and i don't care how he drives; it's fine.  oh, but when i'm behind the wheel ... i'm going to just try to crash his side of the car.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Mostly I just tease H about what an eagle scout he is when he does things like stop for yellow lights or come to a full and complete stop at a stop sign in the middle of nowhere with no traffic in sight or earshot.

As long as I say it with a smile, he does not get pissed off.

• Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I was just thinking the other day that we should start driving seperately whereever we go.   If gas wasn't so damn expensive I wouldn't hesitate to do this.  
    DH drives me absolutely crazy with his tailgating, going 5mph above the speed limit in the passing lane, listening to talk sports radio, yelling at drivers that don't use their turn signals.   It's like driving with my grandpa.
    When I drive, I feel like I'm under constant scrutiny and get way too stressed out.  So I let him drive 99.9% of the time.
    Things have improved since I got a smart phone and can just surf the net while I'm riding.   If I don't see him tailgating, etc. then I can pretend it's not happening.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mother likes to hit her imaginary brake because she thinks I drive too fast and too close. Whatever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards