Wedding Woes
Options

I fail at being social

My friend asked me to dinner last night. I got his message after I'd gotten home and changed into my PJs. It wasn't realistic to expect me to: 1) put my pants back on and go out because 2) I'm not spontaneous and 3) I wanted to spend the night alone in my hoardy hole (decompressing after H stayed two days longer than he was supposed to).

I asked when his next opening would be for us to get dinner. We are going to go out on Monday, when another one of our friends is staying with me. The three of us are going to get In-N-Out.

He also invited me to a brew tour tonight....and while I love the brewery, I already have plans for tonight. It is girl's night, where we watch Top Chef. After that I am meeting another friend. Everything seems to happen on the same night.

But really, after work, I don't want to do anything. I guess I am in the minority on this one. I've been trying to be social at work, and that about takes it out of me. After 5:30, I shut down.

Re: I fail at being social

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you fail at all, given the fact that you couldn't make the tour because you have OTHER plans.

Sometimes a person has to have alone time, to watch random shows, paint their nails and eat weird mismatched food stuffs.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm with you.  And I'm not keen on being social on the weekends, either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OFace - I have been dying to paint my nails. I could not last night because by the time I got home, remembered to put the sheets in the dryer and THEN make the bed, it was too late. I try to give my nails four hours to dry before bedtime so I can avoid the 'textured' look that results from me clinging to the sheets in my sleep with my mega-death grip.

The plans I have tonight....ugh....it's always something with the drive to or from my friend's mom's house. There is construction and usually at last one accident. I don't know how long I am going to keep this up. She said she would have makeup for us tonight, so that is a nice motivator.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

You have plans for tonight AND Monday night and this is considered a failure at being social?  Interesting.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like a failure because I said no to plans last night. I think if he had sent me a message about an hour earlier, I would have gone. I guess I feel badly about wanting to hole up in my apt. instead of going out with friends, which was one of the reasons to move back here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards