Wedding Woes
Options

Irritated poll

If a long-time friend that you talk to almost every day over text and e-mail and at least weekly on the phone tells you at least once a week that she has no friends....how long will it be until she really doesn't have any friends?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Irritated poll

• Options
    I only voted RP b/c I would combine 2 of the choices.  Tell her how it makes you feel, so she should reazlie what's going on and stop saying; if she doesn't, you're out.

Also, is this a long distance BFF?  B/c I know how it can feel to "not have any friends" where you are and complain about that to a long distance BFF.
  • Options
    Yes, long distance. But this was going on even before I moved away. 

I'm preachy and opinionated, so I have pointed out to her multiple times that all of the friends I have made in my life (except for the family I was born into) were the result of me stepping out of my comfy little hidey hole and JOINING something - a church, a non-profit group, a club, a committee.  Yet she refuses to do any of those things.  She seems to think that you are supposed to stay friends for life with all of your high school and college buddies and meet up at a bar every night a la HIMYM.  Life doesn't work that way for most of us. And all of the complaining about not having any friends really isn't helping her cause.  It's like trying to sell widgets by complaining that you don't have any customers to buy your widgets.  You might get a pity purchase once in a while, but pity will only get you so far.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Obviously she likes having no friends, otherwise she would change what she is doing.

If you do the same things and get the same results...duh.
  • Options
    This would bother me from the "stop complaining and do something about it" side, rather than the "but I'm your friend!" side. I think I'd tell her that unless she's willing to try to solve the problem, I can't discuss it with her anymore. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards