Wedding Woes
Options

DH doesn't get it

He doesn't understand why I'm trying to stuff the freezers and refrigerators with anything I can.  He keeps trying to clean them out.  Gaaaaah, I'm trying to keep food in the house for a million reasons- so we can eat without me going shopping;  so our parents can eat while they are helping us; because when a pound of ground turkey is $1/lb and chicken breast are $1.79/lb you buy everything you can!

I trust my mom and sMIL to make us good well rounded meals while they are here.  I fear that MIL will dump a can of V8 into a pot with ground beef and call it chili.  I'd rather pull my own out of the freezer.   thankyouverymuch.

Re: DH doesn't get it

• Options
    edited December 2011
    6, if you promise to teach my H your thrify ways while he is there, I'll send him out to cook for you. He loves nothing more than cooking for 100 people, when there are only two of us.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Send him over Min!!  Part of the cheap is where we live, but a lot I learned from my mom.  I wish DH would realize just how cheaply I keep us fed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if H pays attention to sales. I know he is driven a lot by what he has watched recently on TV. I try not to nag him about it, because he pretty much takes care of the entire house. I pay the bills and chip in here and there, but really, he runs the house. He does a great job, too. I'll ask him to do X,Y, or Z and he does it, whether it is get me ingredients to bake something, laundry or taking my car to get it's oil changed. He makes my life much easier and I appreciate that.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Awwww, Min.  You have a good man.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    dh and i just had this argument this weekend! 

he thinks we should plan our meals and stop buying stuff just because it's on sale.  i think we should buy stuff that's on sale and plan to eat that. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_dh-doesnt?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c7ce5319-9e37-4c2a-b780-9d64de1b2c7aPost:cc67829d-16db-49f7-a28e-4a0d6c83c148">Re: DH doesn't get it</a>:
    [QUOTE]dh and i just had this argument this weekend!  he thinks we should plan our meals and stop buying stuff just because it's on sale.  <strong>i think we should buy stuff that's on sale and plan to eat that. 
    </strong>Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

THIS
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Hmo wins!  Mr. Mo is wrong.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    edited December 2011
    YES THANK YOU.  dh is all "maybe i don't want to eat pork loin" and i just want to say "well, enjoy your $3/5 boxes of cereal dinners because i will be eating sale pork loin, sale broccoli and sale rolls."
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    I got close to 8 lbs of pork loin for $15.  When there is  BOGO on pork you BOGO!
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmm.  Righteousness tastes like pork loin.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards