Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wednesday

AW, Open Letter, Confession, Whiney, Whatever....

let it out.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wednesday

• Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I really don't feel like working today.  Seriously.  I am so over it.

AW:  going to see Straight No Chaser, a great acapella group, at Harrah's AC tonight, woot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear FI,
    I understand (and love) that you are a rock musician and that you have been playing in rock bands for more than 25 years.  But I wish you could trust that the professional wedding band we are paying a shitton of money for knows what they are doing. I am not handing them a mile-long list of "must play/do not play" becuase that's insulting and I trust that they can read the crowd and play the right songs.  They are not going to play anything embarrassing.  The songs you want, like motown, classic rock, Stevie Wonder, etc., are STANDARD at weddings, so you will hear them. They are professionals.  Just CHILL. This also goes for you, mom.
    Love,
    Your I don't really want this to be something I'm stressed about Bride

Whiney -
    I'm openly registry stalking for my shower this weekend. Its sad, but its true.  There are some awesome things that were scooped up that I'm totally psyched for.  But there are also a few things that I was really crossing my fingers for that haven't been purchased.  I'm a little sad about that.  Oh well, I know its just a "wish list" and that I should be happy I'm getting anything at all, which I am.  But I have been drooling over a few things that would have been really fun to receive (hello, wine fridge).  Ah well.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I HATE my full time job, but can't quit because of health insurance. blah. end whine
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    <div align="left">In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:08fcc3f9-6342-4ce5-b387-1db7ca39402aPost:8ffd4a59-fe07-4207-a40a-cbd2cf59baa7">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I HATE my full time job, but can't quit because of<strong> health insurance</strong>. blah. end whine
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

The two good things my job has going for it is FREE medical and dental insurance.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cara - did you register at Macy's? If yes you get Macy's credit after people buy you gifts. Then maybe you can just pick them up on your own :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I'm not nervous about FI going to his bach party this weekend.  I'm more afraid of someone getting in a fight or arrested than I am about anything inappropriate happening.  I feel like I should care more, but I dont.  I even gave him a "gift" of liquor and cigars for them to enjoy.

I confess I've been spending about 50% of my work time doing wedding related stuff lately.

AW - I'm going to the bakery on Friday to order FI's surprise grooms cake (maybe 2).  I'm super excited about this because I have a good idea of what I want.

Vent - I want my paychecks back!!!  We're getting to crunch time now where I'm seeing ALL my money go to vendors and stuff.  Sad.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:08fcc3f9-6342-4ce5-b387-1db7ca39402aPost:3774aca4-ea43-44c9-b799-eaa30a9782e5">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday : The two good things my job has going for it is FREE medical and dental insurance.
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

me too. that's why I can't make a move before the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nicole - I registered at BB&B and C&B.  We started a Macy's registry, but I had a bad experience there, so we ended up canceling it and going with the other two.  I think they have some sort of fulfillment coupon deal.  I know BB&B has incentives with certain brands. I have to look into it again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cara - someone on here (amer maybe?) told me to be patient with the registry because people buy stuff last minute... and they do!  You'll see some things disappear come Thursday or Friday.  I hope you get the wine fridge!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really?  I hope so!  I am wondering what people are waiting for, but then I feel guilty for thinking that. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:08fcc3f9-6342-4ce5-b387-1db7ca39402aPost:c3856d82-a5e3-435d-96d7-98c11ef64fe5">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really?  I hope so!  <strong>I am wondering what people are waiting for</strong>, but then I feel guilty for thinking that. LOL
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

I am guilty of last min shopping :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I last minute shop, sometimes literally on the way to the party. haha!

Whine- I wish it was not raining so I could take Audrey to the pool for her birthday! I don't want her sitting inside on her big day!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm adding a whine/vent that will probably make some of you laugh....

I put myself on an email alert to be notified when the shoe I wanted on zappos came in in my size (the one I got was a bit big).  I got an email yesterday that it was back in stock! Becuase I have this handy, dandy new VIP status, I didn't want to order yesterday and have it delivered today when its rainy and no one is home. So I waited until today so that it could arrive tomorrow.  AND ITS SOLD OUT IN MY SIZE.  I cannot win.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cara- that sucks!! I really hope you do get those shoes though, I know how bad you want them!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:08fcc3f9-6342-4ce5-b387-1db7ca39402aPost:0d9aab09-9828-41f4-b11d-0857981dc0ed">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really don't feel like working today.  Seriously.  I am so over it. AW:  going to see Straight No Chaser, a great acapella group, at Harrah's AC tonight, woot!
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

ohhh let me know how they are!! i have been dying to see them! have fun :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:08fcc3f9-6342-4ce5-b387-1db7ca39402aPost:c3856d82-a5e3-435d-96d7-98c11ef64fe5">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Really?  I hope so!  I am wondering what people are waiting for, but then I feel guilty for thinking that. LOL
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

My cookware was bought on the Thursday before my shower, then I'm opening gifts at the shower and get an IOU from my BM who says "You picked the hardest cookware set to find!  Its ordered and you should get it in a few days".  Um, no.  Good try.  We registered for it in-store, and it never went out of stock online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I confess I started eating my lunch at 10:50am.  I'll be starving again by mid-afternoon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lol, nice IOU.  I'll report back on Monday if any of that happens.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm starving for luch already too. I ate my 11:00 snack at 10ish...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am frustrated that I have been trying to scan something for about an hour now and my scanner and computer just don't want to communicate.  Sigh.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear magnetstreet,

Why does it take so long to ship my magnets? Are you growing the rubber tree for them?? I have no patience. Please hurry and send them to put me out of my misery.

Thanks!
    impatient bride
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wednesday-11?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:08fcc3f9-6342-4ce5-b387-1db7ca39402aPost:b832a942-3749-4103-83c0-c2cbc1e67df1">Re: Wednesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wednesday : ohhh let me know how they are!! i have been dying to see them! have fun :)
    Posted by cutie4420[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I sure will!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear vendors...

PLEASE stop spamming the board. Thanks. It is really annoying when you make up stupid screen names with just numbers. You are not being inconspicuous whatsoever.

sincerely,
    the mod.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cara- the day of or the day before your shower, the stuff on your registry will magically dissapear.  I promise.

My vent is this:
      I'm getting a little annoyed with the people at my venue and our rehearsal time/date.  On Monday I talked to one person who said my rehearsal was on Friday at 7:30.  I said no, it's at 4:00.  I said if they really needed us to switch, we could, but we prefered the 4:00 slot.  She said she "checked" and I was correct, it was at 4:00.
      Today when I dropped my stuff off, another girl was trying to tell me it was tomorrow at 4.  I said No, it was Friday and she checked and said everywhere they had written down Thursday.  She said if we wanted it Friday, they could change it.  When I got to work, I found an e-mail dated April 22nd, from me to the second person  that says "...to confirm, we have the rehearsal space on Friday, July 16th from 4:00-4:30" and her response was that there was a possiblitlity that the bride of that night might want to take picture there, but if not, we could have it.

Confession:
      My inner child wants to forward that email to her with the subject line " I TOLD YOU SO!"  hehehe.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha, I think I'm going to take the high road.
    ... but I did print it out.  Just in case. ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hehe, yea. You are almost at the finish line, yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Straight No Chaser was AWESOME!!!  If you have the opportunity, go see them!  They're performing at Harrah's in AC all this month and next month!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards