Wedding Woes
Options

Advice?

So, I just got engaged. But I live in a state I just moved to November of 09. So I haven't had a lot of time to make new friends. The bridesmaid situation is so confusing for me. I don't have any one here to be my MOH, the only person who I want that to be lives in a completely different state and can't do all of those things a bride-to-be needs her MOH to do. The girls here that I do know, I am not clsoe enough to ask that of. Any advice on what to do it a situation like this?

Re: Advice?

  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My MOH lived in CA and I lived in NY. Other than her showing up in the dress you pick there are no "things a bride-to-be needs her MOH to do"
  • Options
    edited December 2011

    Where does your family live? Are you close? You can have a shower back home.

    What do you need her to do?

    image
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Maid of Honor isn't someone who "does all those things a bride-to-be needs her to do." She's a close friend of the bride, whom the bride wants to stand with her during one of the biggest moments of her life. Ask your friend who's a few states away. All she really needs to do is buy the dress and show up for pictures. 
  • Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'm not feeling good today, so here you go:

    Ask the person you want to be your MOH be that.  MOH is about standing up and supporting you on your wedding day.  And that's it.

    I'm assuming by "things she needs to do" you mean wedding shower/bachelorette party.  I'm not sure why different state would keep her from doing those things.  It might be difficult, yes, but if she wants to, she'll make it happen.  Maybe even with *gasp* your help.  You are going to be seriously shocked at how much you DON'T NEED ANYONE'S HELP for 95% of this.  The other 5% you can ask friends, Hey, I'll buy wine and cheese if you'll help [fill in the blank wedding stuff] for me.  Thanks.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

    my sister was my moh and we lived in different states.  it happens.

    image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When are you getting married?

    What things does a bride need her MOH to do?
    image
  • Options
    L_WoodsL_Woods member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When is your wedding? If it's in 2012 or beyond, please consider waiting. The people you are close to (near and far) may change.

    Other than that, ditto PPs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    November of 09 is over a year ago.  You didn't JUST move.
    image
  • Options
    DanielleZZDanielleZZ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH lives 3 hours away.  Sometimes I bounce ideas off of her through email of FB and we spent one weekend together (I went to visit her) in person doing some planning and projects.  It can easily be done.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Rent "I Love You Man"
    image

    I just a friendly gal looking for options.

    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    That is a great movie.
    image
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

    it truly is.

    image
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    My MOH lived in CO while I was in AZ. I didn't need her to do anything except show up and sign the license. 
    image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards