Wedding Woes
Options

A confession and GBCK.

I've been in a funk lately. Maybe even some mild depression. It started to really hit after graduation when I went from super busy to almost nothing, then again after nothing in terms of finding work. I've felt my self pulling away from some aspects of life and sitting on my butt, on the couch, doing nothing. At work I was on edge, my nerves were frayed, and every word of encouragement that came from others of "You'll do fine." drove me nuts.

I was even just lurking here many days off. Just reading, not posting, feeling like I had nothing to contribute or add at all. 

I've been trying to make a conscious effort since January to shake this off. I am applying for jobs out of my area, exercising more, blah blah blah. I've come to the realization I need to get away from the computer as well. I will keep my blog going, but I am curtailing other online stuff I do, including the Knot/Nest/Whatever.

I love you guys and I'm sorry I didn't really share this before now. I think until I had a breakdown at work followed by a breakdown at home in December, I didn't realize how not myself I've been. I was letting the house fall apart, I'd started pulling my eyebrows again (yup, I've got some crazy habits too) and I managed to get it together enough here and there, but really, I need to take a break from here. I'll still be on FB, and if anything changes in my life, you'll all be the first to know. 

I think I just need to figure out who I am again.

Re: A confession and GBCK.

• Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you're so down.  I'll miss you  :(
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww.  Please consider getting some help for your depression.  Meds aren't evil, and talk therapy can be great, too.  

I will be keeping my eyes peeled on FB for your forthcoming awesome new job announcement. :)

• Options
    +candi++candi+ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you're feeling this way. I'm glad you're still blogging, it's one of the few that I follow and that you will be on fb. ((big hugs))
    imageimage
  • Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_confession-gbck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:cab9c073-fcc5-4c72-9694-ff98bc192722Post:c63cf013-d74d-4e8d-b42d-b944727dd8b6">Re: A confession and GBCK.</a>:
    [QUOTE]aww.  Please consider getting some help for your depression.  Meds aren't evil, and talk therapy can be great, too.   I will be keeping my eyes peeled on FB for your forthcoming awesome new job announcement. :)
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

<div>Thanks, I am keeping talk therapy in mind. We've got strong depression history in my family, including past medication needs, so I am not against them at all. I am doing the things that are things I can change first and going from there.</div>
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :( 

Hope you feel better soon.  Depression is nothing to f*ck around with.  Lots of good thoughts coming your way...
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lots and lots of luck jojo.  I'm very sorry that you are going through this and hope you can work things out quickly and safely.
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

I'm sorry.  Depression is a killer.  Literally.  Take care of yourself and come back anytime you can use an interwebz hug or a picture of an infected finger.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you've been feeling down, and I'll miss you. I'll still be reading your blog, waiting patiently for the "I got a job just outside San Francisco" post :o)
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Man, jojo that is a bummer.  I really hope you find some time for yourself to find you again.  Good luck!  We'll miss you, for sure.
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, that stinks! I hope you're able regain your sense of self. *hugs*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Take care of yourself. Get moving, get into a routine, try some meds, make sure to exercise and remember you are loved by your friends & family. They want you happy & healthy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, Jo =(  I'm sorry you've been carrying this on your own for so long.  Does your H know what you've been going through?

I'll be sure to add your blog to my reader so I can keep up on what's going on with you.  And I'll be sending lots of good vibes your way.  I can also send back the cow wine glass if you think it will help. ::hugs::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this jo. I'll miss you, but I'll be reading your blog.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jo... Thanks for your confession...I felt like I was the only one...Sitting home, letting it all go, in a perpetual funk, trying to find work...etc. The more I was told I would be fine the worse I got...still trying to find things to fill my day and snap out of it or see the "light at the end of the tunnel". Be well and I wish the best for you...
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tkae care of yourself.
    and depression sucks.  effen depression.  (said w/ the same love for the peeps who have it that I mean when I say effin cancer)

we're here if we can help.
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *giant hug from a little lady*  We're here for you, even if it's just for some random silliness.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    {{Hugs}} I've seen what depression does to people. I'm sorry you're in this slump. Do what you need to do to take care of your self and know that we're all in your corner.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards