Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Seating Chart

We are going to fight the most over the seating chart.  We have very different ideas about how the layout should be.  I'm going crazy!
It's going to be a rough night.
UGH I can't wait until this is all over.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Re: Seating Chart

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ugh that task is coming up for me too!  Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Use the online seating chart on martha stewarts site, it's AWESOME!
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm not looking forward to that task at all!

Ooodsie:  thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ummm ditto Oodsie, that website was awesome. You can chose your layout, table sizes/shapes, amount of people at each table. It takes a little while to input all of your guests/dates and the layout, but once you do, it's awesome. It saved us a lot of aggravation.
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was at a bridal show this weekend and one of the master wedding planner suggested taking paper plates, dividing them by the number of people you will seat at your tables and using post its to do your seating charts.  Makes it easy to change and you can do them as your guests reply.  Then if you end up w/tables that are short people it's easy to move people around.  Might help you out.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not even close to doing seating charts but out of excitement I've already fiddled with Marthas seating chart and I will definitely use that unless someone else comes up with something better than that by Novemeber.   I like how you can arrange the tables and also how it lets you drag the names from the side. 

Organization is the only thing I'm good at and MS makes it so much easier :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_seating-chart?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:098e6435-ed0d-4e9e-a47c-a3b766caa6bfPost:a094ee39-3e5c-43b3-beb3-b953d2e6895f">Re: Seating Chart</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was at a bridal show this weekend and one of the master wedding planner suggested taking paper plates, dividing them by the number of people you will seat at your tables and using post its to do your seating charts.  Makes it easy to change and you can do them as your guests reply.  Then if you end up w/tables that are short people it's easy to move people around.  Might help you out.
    Posted by nancyr[/QUOTE]
    The martha stewart website basically uses this concept but allows you to not have to deal with all of that. Chances of having to change your seating chart/paper plates and everything is pretty high, and having to break them out every time you need to change something can be a lot of work. The MS website just condenses that concept and allows you to save it all electronically.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards