Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

cake woes

My baker still has not sent us our contract after 2 months.  I've never worked with a baker before so I don't know if this is reasonable..

We had our cake tasting back in November, and the person we met with was very friendly and enthusiastic about our unique idea -- we want a robot shaped cake.  They said they would get back to us in a week with a quote, which they never did.  I had to call 2 weeks later to get the quote.  In Januaray, I contacted them again to let them know we were definitely interested in booking them for our wedding, and they said to expect the contract in 2-3 weeks.  Over a month went by, and no contract.

I contacted them again 2 weeks ago inquiring about the missing contract.  They said they would get it out the next week, and I STILL don't have it!  This really worries me, I would think they'd be the ones anxious to get our deposit and commitment, not the other way around.  Is this how all bakers operate?  Do I really want to trust them with our wedding cake if we ever do get the contract?

My wedding is in August, so I hope we have time to find another baker if it comes to that.  We chose the one we did because we had originally seen a robot cake in their window a few years ago, and I thought they were reputable.  If anyone could recommend another baker that can do specialty cakes, please let me know.  thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cake woes

• edited December 2011
    I had a cake tasting and ordered my cake last month.  I get married in March. YOu have plenty of time.
  • RobotCakeRobotCake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's good to know that we still have plenty of time, thanks!  My main concern was really that the baker hasn't been very responsive.  It's actually been 3 months since our tasting, and almost 2 months since we asked for the contract.  I'm contacting them again today, and then looking for another baker if this falls though.  The cake is really important for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards