Wedding Woes
Options

br daycare question

for the holidays, are you planning on tipping your daycare providers? 

if so, whom -- each specific caregiver, the manager, who? 

and how much? 

or are you giving them gifts?

Re: br daycare question

• Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FWIW, gig kid's parents got me a $25 GC to a restaurant last year.  They also bought a gift for DD (and I got one for gig kid).

I know it's not the same thing.
  • Options
    PMeg819PMeg819 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    We're giving her a month's pay.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011

6let had 2 primary teachers and teachers that would float in.  I made a huge platter of cookies, fruits, and nuts to share in the center.  For the teachers I baked a loaf of cranberry bread and put a $25 gc to Walmart with it.  I was the only one that took in baked goods so I know they weren't overwhelmed.

ETA: Remember I live in a low cost of living area.  Daycare was $125/wk.

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting her a gift.

I asked my sitter's partner what my sitter likes and she gave me a few gift ideas.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate DD's teacher, so this is something I'm going to discuss w/xH.  I may do her two a.m. teachers (whom I love) and let him buy something for the miserable slore that teaches her most of the day.  I typically pick up gift cards for things like Cold Stone, movies or car washes.
    imageimage
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    i didn't even think about this - no clue what is customary.

i'll have to talk to DK and we'll probably figure it out when we get back from vacation. I'm guessing we'd give each of the ladies in the infant room a card/gift card from wolverine.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We give everyone in the daycare a $20 Target gift card - with 2 kids in there and rotating staff, pretty much everyone takes care of them at some point.

I usually wrap it up nicely in a bucket of holiday-wrapped hershey's minis or something.

• Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My daycare director collects the money and divides it equally amongst the staff since they all participate in the care of the children.  They as for $20 a parent (that's .80 a caregiver).  I'm giving $300.
  • Options
    robije7robije7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I actually run an in-home day care... the best gift I've gotten throughout the years is a gift card/cash.  I always use it to re-stock on supplies like crayons, paper, chalk, etc. It doesn't have to be a lot, $10 can buy a TON if you shop right and it always feels good to know the parents appreciate all we do and are willing to give back a little!

Also a nice card and/or a home made gift from the kiddos always makes me smile so if you don't want to give a ton have your son or daughter draw a picture or make a small simple project to give to the day care provider along with a card from yourself expressing appreciation.

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards