Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Hair and MU Trial PIP/ MU Question

I had my hair and makeup trial done a week and a half ago, but with everything going on in life, I didn't have time to upload the pics to the computer.

I am having my hair and makeup done by Jeremy at Triology Salon in Newark, DE.  He hit the hair on the head (no pun intended, LOL); I even fell asleep with it in while watching TV, and it didn't budge.  I am so happy with how it turned out!  I didn't get pics done with the veil, but the veil will be placed underneath the comb (so it looks like it is attached), so I can remove it if I want to.

The second part of the trial, the make up, is a little more tricky.  I love how the coloring and all turned out.  The problem is the foundation and the mascara, and I am hoping you girls can help me out.  He used the house brand for the foundation and Loreal Volume mascara. 

I completely sweat the foundation off.  Like, sliding down my face.  Now, in defense of the artist, it's not his fault.  I am on some heavy duty drugs that cause me to sweat like none other, and every foundation I have tried, from regular liquid to acne/oil absorbing liquid to mineral liquid to mineral powder to acne oil absorbing powder to anything else you can think of.  I have tried multiple brands, and nothing seems to stay put.  Now, the hope is that by the wedding I will be off many of these meds (they are related to my RSD/nerve damage, and with the surgery, I should be able to be weaned), but if not, I need suggestions for something to try (and have the ability to return if it doesn't work).  And NOT air brush.  I cannot justify the cost, plus because I have enough ppl getting their hair done, I (as the bride) get my MU done for free.

In terms of the mascara, I have to be really careful with eye MU, because drug store and fragranced items cause me to itch and rub, and I don't want that on my day!  I usually use Clinique Lash Power Mascara, but I wanted something volumizing and waterproof (or long wearing) for the day of.  Suggestions?  I am already going to check out the other Clinique mascaras, as they don't irritate me at all.

Anyway, here are the pictures!  First hair, then MU (FYI, the MU pics were taken in weird lighting, but the circles under my eyes don't look that horrible, I promise)...

Re: Hair and MU Trial PIP/ MU Question

• Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you look beautiful!  i love your hair.

as for foundation, maybe you could find one you know works for you and bring that with you?  or do the airbrush type?  i think checking out clinique mascaras is the best bet too.  hopefully they'll use your stuff on you.
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have any suggestions for you, as I am having my own hair and makeup issues but I just wanted to say the pics look great.  I love your hair and you look glowing and so happy in the make up pics.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brit you look amazing!  Congrats on the weight loss, I can see the difference in your face!  I think your hair looks perfect.  I think the makeup looks good too.  As for your issues with the foundation and mascara, I used to use a stick foundation a looooong time ago when I used to go out a lot.  Dancing = sweating and the stick foundation stayed in place really well (especially with some powder on top).  Sephora may have a stick foundation.  I usually use Maybelline Colossal Volum' mascara, I don't know if that irritates you or not.
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your pics are beautiful!  As for mascara, I think  Lancome has the best out there.  They have a new mascara with a vibrating brush which is amazing and makes it look like you have false eye lashes, its pretty pricey but I think its worth it.  But Lancome makes a bunch of different types and I think they have a formula for sensitive eyes.

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    Santorini2011Santorini2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check out Lancome's also.  I have used several of theirs and really like them.  Your hair and makeup look beautiful.  did he use a primer under the foundation?  Or an oil-absorbing lotion  after the moisturizer but before the foundation?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies; your comments are awesome :)

I am going to stick with Clinique for the mascara.  For the foundation, I am going to head to Sephora and try some stuff out- if it doesn't work, I will take it back and get something else to try.

He didn't do anything extra for the trial (no primer or anything like that); he also didn't do the fake eye lashes.  Since it was the trial, he said he was going to do the basic look only- but since my mom was throwing a hissy fit about the length of time we were there, that may have played into his decision to do a shorter makeup trial, too.  For the actual wedding, he will do the full shebang.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards