Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Random Poll

I can't concentrate on work right now, so humor me...

What is your favorite splurge food?

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.)

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?

If you could realistically pull off any type of wedding dress regardless of your body type and wedding style, what dress style would you choose?

What website is your favorite time waster (besides the obvious)?

If you could live anywhere in the State/Country/World, where would you live?

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?

Who was your teenage celebrity crush?

Anything else you'd like to add?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Random Poll

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite splurge food? cheese, any kind

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.)  date anniversary but I think it will now change to engagiversary, then to wedding day.

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? maybe norah jones

If you could realistically pull off any type of wedding dress regardless of your body type and wedding style, what dress style would you choose? probably a fit n flaire

What website is your favorite time waster (besides the obvious)? foodnetwork

If you could live anywhere in the State/Country/World, where would you live? somewhere tropical and run a resort.

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? i like my frist name

Who was your teenage celebrity crush? JTT or Devon Sawa

Anything else you'd like to add?  i cant wait to go home and have my pizza! (mmm cheese!)  and i wonder why i keep gaining weight!

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Probably Pad Thai, because I love it but can rarely rationalize eating it.  Or yummy mexican food covered in cheese.

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.)
    We are dorks.  We celebrate dativersary and annivesary/monthiversary. But we don't do anything special except say "hey! Happy 26th!" or "Happy 3 months!"  We make a bigger deal out of the annual ones.

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?
    Ray LaMontagne.  Or maybe Peter Gabriel because I love him and his music is diverse, so I wouldn't get bored.

If you could realistically pull off any type of wedding dress regardless of your body type and wedding style, what dress style would you choose?
    I love dresses like MH, but I'm not tall enough to carry it off.  I also loved dresses with details at the waist, but I'm short and they cut me in half.  I would have loved a dress with sheer sleeves, but I would have looked too matronly.

Facebook, and recently Hyperbole and a Half.

Upper Buck County / Seattle, WA / Florence, Italy

I used to want to be Carrie desperately.  Now I like my name.  I'd enjoy having a more unisex name too.

Jason Bateman, Chad Allen.

I would like this day to get moving.
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite splurge food? Strawberry shortcake half vanilla half chocolate cake (Has to be home made)

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.) Only wedding anniversary. I think we mention months, oh it's been 10 months since our wedding. And the 1 year mark of our engagement we were like oh yeah a year ago... but nothing actually celebrate.

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? Michael Buble

If you could realistically pull off any type of wedding dress regardless of your body type and wedding style, what dress style would you choose? The style I chose. I love fit and flairs.

What website is your favorite time waster (besides the obvious)? Facebook

If you could live anywhere in the State/Country/World, where would you live? North Carolina, right outside of Raleigh.

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? I actually really like my first name, but I also love Clara... so I'd say Clara

Who was your teenage celebrity crush? Leo, obviously!

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

CHEESE, I don't care what's it on

first date, "offically dating"

I can't do that,  I have music ADD

trumpet

At work: sparkpeople.com
    Home: peopleofwalmart.com and failblog

Hawaii where there is no freakin single digit weather!

As boring as Amanda is, It's mine...

Heath Ledger

I just had a major offer 3K to date his former LT.  I guess the LT paid 3K in a matchmaker service only asking for a short blonde girl... and they gave him his money back.  He looked at me and goes... HEY you fit the description.  Oh my job...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    chocolate and pretzels.

We are under two months in but I did get a card for our 1 month, which made me smile! He also bought me perfume for our engagiversary last year.

The Killers

Hmm maybe mermaid, although I don't think I would be very comfortable regardless of my figure!

blogspot.

Riviera Maya Mexico, Excellence Resort Room 7061

Oh I always wanted to be Stephanie as a child!

JTT

I have not really worked all day. Our temp called out with cramps and our secretary called out because her daughter is sick. So I am on strike because my immune system has been kick ass thus far this year and I really just want a sick day!
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    First of all, CHAD ALLEN swoon!!!!! Totally loved him as a teenager!!!

What is your favorite splurge food? Cake. I really enjoy cake, so when I have it it's a big treat!

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.) We celebrated our 6-month-iversary of the wedding, does that count? We'll probably just celebrate the wedding anniversary in the future.

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? This one is really difficult! Umm... Lady Gaga? I feel like I have to say that. But other than her, probably DMB -- let the hating begin, but there are so many memories for me attached to Dave songs that I couldn't let it go!

If you could realistically pull off any type of wedding dress regardless of your body type and wedding style, what dress style would you choose? I always wanted a big ball gown! It was just too hot to even consider for an outdoor garden wedding in July!

There are so many! Dooce.com is definitely a favorite, and the aforementioned Hyperboleandahalf when she posts something new!

If you could live anywhere in the State/Country/World, where would you live? Somewhere more equitoral. I'm over this winter thing! I would love to live in Brazil or Argentina for a few years, but I don't see that happening with my career choice!

Something less generic/popular the year I was born (Jennifer was the 2nd most popular name in 1981 for anyone who is wondering)! Maybe Julia or something that still has the J to start, but ends differently than ennifer.
    Just one?! I did have a big huge thing for Chad Allen, of course Leonardo DiCaprio after Titanic (I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!), and Ingo Rademacher from General Hospital. Australian for HOT!

I would like to thank Cara for this wonderful time-filler!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_random-poll-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0a89c6bc-e390-438f-b31d-331aa689a1eaPost:d9daeab1-634c-46ee-9f4e-c89bb069dfb1">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]nd Ingo Rademacher from General Hospital. Australian for HOT!
    Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

YEAH!!! Jax!!!  I love him.  I actually worked on General Hospital back in the day and would stalk him mercilessly......  (though I was really a Nikolas fan.  Tyler Christopher, YUM)
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

this is hard, I have a lot - but I'd have to say French Fries. I usually sate that craving with sweet potato fries that you can bake, but I love Carmine's french fries (local pizza shop) - I think they are beer battered or some kind of wonderful.

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.) First Date, and official bf/gf dativersary (which we now lump in engagiversary) all are in November.

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? Live. I love that band.

If my skin didn't get so darn red when it's scratched by anything (in this case lace) I'd have gotten the first dress I tried on which was form fitting and all lace overlays. It was gorgeous- but my skin couldn't pull it off thanks to the blotchy redness. It happens when I scratch myself too.

Style Me Pretty and Etsy.

Either Wilmington, NC or somewhere along the southern coast in France - of course then I'd have to learn French....

Katrina - always loved this name.

hmm I'm not normal, so once I actually liked guys, I always liked older actors. Johnny Depp, was and always will be a favorite of mine. My first celebrity crush ever was Jonathan Taylor Thomas. JTT - I think that ended around 12ish. He was a total cutie.

I'm so grateful for this random poll, b/c I definitely do not feel like doing work right now. And AW my wedding band is in! I also had a ring sized when I ordered it, and that is in as well. Unfortunately I don't have any time to pick it up until Friday...maybe this will help the week go by quickly.

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I will pay good money for good chocolate.  I also cannot resist popcorn.  I also like these two things together.

We just celebrate our anniversary of dating, which we consider the day we met.  Don't know if we'll still celebrate that anniversary after we're married.

Queen.  But right now I'm totally in love with A Fine Frenzy.

The dress I bought.  I am curvy and small... so mermaid looks good on me.

www.cakewrecks.com, www.hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com, www.notalwaysright.com, and ravelry.  it's a social networking site for knitters.

Olde City.

My mother used to tell people she was going to name me Mercedes or Buffy as a joke.. I'd like to change it to one of those just to mess with her :)

Jonathan Brandis...

also--YEAH JAX!!!  I had a crush on him, too!!! 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_random-poll-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0a89c6bc-e390-438f-b31d-331aa689a1eaPost:5c5b57dd-2a23-41e4-82ad-ab52fbf97590">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE] I actually worked on General Hospital back in the day and would stalk him mercilessly......  Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

Seriously?!?!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear Cara.. WHAT!!???!!?!?!!!?? 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cheese, any and every kind.

We count first kiss as when we were official. We don't really celebrate it anymore though.

The Beatles. I don't think they're my favorite band, but they have a lot of songs and I know I'll never get sick of them.

There were some Jim Hjelm dresses I loved but were too low cut.

Etsy, facebook. I subscribe to a lot of wedding and design blogs on google reader too.

If I didn't care so much about being near my family I would be a total globetrotter. Since I do though, I would love to live just outside of New Hope.

I've always loved the name Sophie. I don't really mind my name though.

JTT, Fred Savage, Zach Hanson

I am way too excited for chinese takeout for dinner.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I could have worn any dress, I would have picked BP's dress.  However, it made my boobs look saggy. 
    Whomp Whomp.

I also liked Taccoten's dress.  DIVA.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww thanks amer! Yeah I have only but a little, so I even had cups sewn in to help out "the girls". However I was looking at your dress on FB and thought WOW that's a beaituful lace dress. I swoon over lace dresses. :-( I miss my dress.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    French Fries! I'm obsessed 

We had some breaks so we had several anniversaries haha so we didn't really celebrate anything...but now we have of wedding anniversary

Dave matthews band...I dont care what anyone says- they are the best ;)

I liked mine so I'm sticking with it 

facebook, perezhilton, etsy 

I would love to live in Cali for a bit but I'm too much of a baby and I couldn't live that far from my family. I'm way too close to them to move far away--so we'll say somewhere in Bucks County. 

Considering there were at least 2 other jessicas in every class I had- I would say anything other than that haha  I've grown to love it though and most of my friends/family dont even call me that (i have a bunch of nicknames) soo I guess it doesnt matter anyway

Matthew Lawrence, Jonathan Brandis, Jonathan Jackson (more general hospital) 

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite splurge food? Ben and Jerry's Milk and Cooies ice cream. 

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.) Just our wedding anniversary these days.  Although we used to have a hilarious tradition of "celebrating" the first night we spent together.  We called it our "snug-a-versary."

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? Ben Folds.  All the way.

If you could realistically pull off any type of wedding dress regardless of your body type and wedding style, what dress style would you choose? The one I bought.  I love it.

What website is your favorite time waster (besides the obvious)? Is Facebook the obvious? I lurk constantly on the DIS Boards, which is probably not surprising.  RA and I are internet twins, I think, beyond that.  Cake Wrecks and Hyperbole and a Half are hilarious.  I also love to read the Onion and the AV Club.  And to stalk certain wedding photographers' blogs.  

If you could live anywhere in the State/Country/World, where would you live? Winters in Orlando, summers in Vermont :)

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to? I've always loved the name Hannah.

Who was your teenage celebrity crush? All of the Hansons, but mostly Taylor.  high-five rachelk.

Anything else you'd like to add? I have no idea what the big deal is with GH, but I guarantee you DH does.  I confess he used to watch it every day with his mom back in HS. :X
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late, but whatev....  and thanks cara for the dress shout out (assuming MH is me).

What is your favorite splurge food? Seafood ($) or pasta (yum, specifically mac&cheese or scampi)

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.)  I've been mentioning every month anny since the wedding, but I'm sure that will dissipate after the 1yr anny.  We have a dating anniversary date that we made up lol, and first hook up date that I randomly acknowledge because the story is funny.

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be?  Boyz II Men

If you could realistically pull off any type of wedding dress regardless of your body type and wedding style, what dress style would you choose?  I would have loved to get a mermaid/fit & flare dress but I just didn't want to show my a$$ curves off to all the men at the party.  Seriously.  I liked taccoten's dress but I'm not that stylish.

TMZ, Perezhilton, and recipe websites

If you could live anywhere in the State/Country/World, where would you live?  Uhhhhh no idea for sure.  If I had to work, maybe AZ.  If I was rich and didn't need to work, an island somewhere or Greece.

If you could change your first name, what would you change it to?  I wouldn't change it, but a lot of people mistakenly call me Heather...

Who was your teenage celebrity crush?  early teens Andrew Keegan, late teens -  Shemar Moore (yum!)

I need a new job.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite splurge food? mashed freakin' potatoes. I could make a whole meal out of them.

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.) Umm... sometimes we remember our dating anniversary, although three months ago, I looked at the calendar and realized I was wrong on the date... The last one we 'celebrated' was our -1 year wedding anniversary. :)

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? Sugarland or Brad Paisley. I heart anything and everything Sugarland... Whether it be country, folk, steampunk... and considering FI has a strong resemblance to Mr. Paisley... well, that explains that.

I love fit and flairs, but my hips don't.
    Facebook. I'm a junkie. Etsy, Ebay, Zappos...
    State- Pittsburgh. Country- South Carolina/North Carolina. World- Italy or Germany.
    I am tired of any 'J' names. Jennifer is so freakin' common. And oddly, Jennifer translates to Julie. Don't ask me. They're the names I've been called forever. Although, I don't think I could pass as anything but a Jennifer. I love the name Leigh though.
    Freddie Prinze, Jr, JTT, Ryder Strong. And the Hanson brothers.
    I still dig the Hanson brothers.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    paprika - I feel a hanson concert gtg coming the next time they're on tour.
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also late but I wanted to fill this out earlier, just didn't have time!

Keebler M&M cookies. At least I think they are keebler? I could eat them FOR EV ER.

What anniversaries do you celebrate with your FI/DH? (first date, first kiss, monthiversary, dativersary, engagiversary, etc.) We celebrate our dativersary and just celebrated our 1 year engagiversary. We'll probably just celebrate wedding anniversary once we are married :-)

If you could only listen to one musical artist for the rest of your life, who would it be? James Morrison. Sexy man with a sexy voice.

I would stick with my dress. I'm in love with it.

Facebook, PerezHilton and The Onion. Also StumbleUpon.com is a new favorite. Which isn't just one website but I'm going to say it counts haha.

New Zealand.

Something different. Everyone that was born in 1986 is named Amanda. I really like Finley.

Ryan Reynolds circa 1998. Two guys, a girl, and a pizza place. It's been love ever since.

I want m&m cookies. Mmmm...
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011

a.Lemma - 1985 too.  I had a class of 12 people in college 3 of us were Amandas.  Prof would just number us, or say "one of the amandas answer".  Didn't help we all had the same major/minor so we took all our classes together... we needed up as friends.

Paprika - OH MAN, love me some Brad Paisley... I was so upset when he got married, but their story is so freaking cute!

my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mana - I had a group of 7 girlfriends in high school and 3 of us were Amanda! haha. Ever since then I've been called by my last name.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Haha I was always called Bogus  after how my name is misprounced or Mana what my niece and nephew called me when they were lilttle. 

I guess I should be glad my mom didn't win the name battle - I would have been Dema Della nicknamed DD (after my two very southern gmas).  Instead my dad named me after an instrument - Amanda Lynn....
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love a good steak with bernaise sauce and green beans :)

at the moment we celebrate out offical anniversary of dating (july 16)

Thats hard.... Im going to say....nirvana

Somthing with loads of bling bling! LOL or a large victorian dress

facebook.

Id love to live in france on england

???

I have always had a crush on johnny depp. MMMMMmmm

Photobucket
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_random-poll-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0a89c6bc-e390-438f-b31d-331aa689a1eaPost:dc4c7c49-a045-45f6-bfa7-deb33cda1535">Re: Random Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haha I was always called Bogus  after how my name is misprounced or Mana what my niece and nephew called me when they were lilttle.  I guess I should be glad my mom didn't win the name battle - I would have been Dema Della nicknamed DD (after my two very southern gmas).  <strong>Instead my dad named me after an instrument - Amanda Lynn....
    </strong>Posted by mana8503[/QUOTE]

That is clever! I wouldn't mind being Amanda if I had a cool story like that haha :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards