Wedding Woes
Options

BR AW!

The kiddo felt his first kicks last night.  We were getting him into bed and I laid down next to him and he put his hand on my belly.  He, DH, and I all had our hands on my belly.  It was so sweet. 

He was fascinated.  He asked if they hurt (they don't...yet).  He's getting so excited.  He told me that he can't believe the baby's going to be here so soon.  :) 

Re: BR AW!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, that's very sweet.
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    That is really sweet! 

How is it going with the Kiddo?  I know there have been some issues with school and such.  Do you suppose on some level he's worried about the baby coming into the family when it's just been the 3 of you?  Also, that  this baby is from both of you and he's not?  (I know there's not a bit difference to you and Mr. Conn but kids minds think about those things)  I may be way off but I wonder if that isn't causing him to act out a bit.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The school work thing (and his lack of effort) has been an issue for awhile.  It's just coming to a head because they're doing a LOT more in class work that DH and I never see until the assignments come home.   Also, DH (and I) have admittedly not been as tough on him in the past as we maybe should have been.  Hindsight, you know...

As far as the baby and jealousy or whatnot,  that has crossed my mind.  He's definitely becoming *more* willing to talk back/assert himself.  But I think that's more his age (10) than anything.  The baby could play into some of it.  He's generally a good, respectful kid.  He's just trying to find his independence. 

As far as me NOT being his mom and this baby being mine and H's...I really don't know how that's going to play out.  I've been wondering that myself.  Outwardly (in words or actions) he has not indicated to me or DH that he's feeling any of those "she's not my mom" feelings.  He does not remember me NOT being there, so the thought may not have crossed his mind.   He's a very 'heart on his sleeve' kind of kid, so if he was feeling something like that or any animosity towards us having a baby, we'd probably know. 
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011

Thanks for the response.

Sounds like you and Mr. Conn have a good handle on things.  It does seem like it's probably more of his age.  It is a good thing that he wears his heart on his sleeve - then you don't have to guess what's up with him.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards