Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

First dance lessons

I know many of you had first dance lessons and I have a few questions. 

We need them, no questions, FI is a mess dancing wise.  
We are dancing to Dave Matthew's Band's Two Step, cup down a great deal, intros during the intro and getting rid of musical interlude.  

Anyway, we are thinking of learning the Two Step, we are not the hug and sway type.  

How many lessons did you need?  
Am I crazy to wait to last week before the wedding and do it in Philadelphia.  I mean I am thinking I'm crazy, FILs will be in, will have crap to do.  It's just so expensive here like everything else- except OTC/ script drugs, and cereal.  

Thanks for the help ladies!

Re: First dance lessons

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to three lessons. We didn't learn anything fancy. Just to learn moves, spins, and a dip at the end. Cara and ooodsie both went to the same girl. Rubisfirstdance.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cereal is cheaper in England?? Very interesting..

We are doing lessons through a local community college. The class is called "dancing for special occasions" so essentially it's for wedding dancing. We're in our 6th week of class next week, out of 8, and thinking back to the first few I think just a couple classes would be enough if you aren't looking to do anything fancy. I would definitely be too stressed out the week before do wait to do it in the states though!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_first-dance-lessons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0aa3bab4-98f6-4e0f-b10d-5c9b330b5461Post:584bb4c5-311b-4838-a51a-baf328cd9f13">Re: First dance lessons</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cereal is cheaper in England?? Very interesting.. We are doing lessons through a local community college. The class is called "dancing for special occasions" so essentially it's for wedding dancing. We're in our 6th week of class next week, out of 8, and thinking back to the first few I think just a couple classes would be enough if you aren't looking to do anything fancy. I would definitely be too stressed out the week before do wait to do it in the states though!
    Posted by rachelk456[/QUOTE]

<div>I know weird things are cheaper here.  There is something else I can't think of off the top of my head, but I know it's not housing or getting your hair done!  </div><div>
    </div><div>Yeah, I'm thinking the week before the wedding is a horrible idea.  </div><div>I found lessons for £60 an hour.  Do you think an hour, come home and practice and then go back for another hour would be enough.  </div>
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also using Rubi (like B2B). We are doing two lessons - one in a few weeks and another a few weeks before the wedding. My FI is rhythimically challenged and we are dancing to a faster song, so we wanted to make sure we wouldn't look dumb.

I would suggest at least doing one in London. If you want another the week before the wedding, that's fine, but I wouldn't start then.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you do practice you will be ok with 2 lessons. We just didn't practice. But I think the last lesson was just to ease my mind that weren't messed up. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards