Wedding Woes
Options

The Invites

The Batman invites...well, it is really more of a theme.

Backstory: Friend never wanted to have kids. So, back about 5 - 7 years ago when her H asked if he could name their child, she said yes. (Only because she assumed she would never have one, not because she trusts him with anything. She is the biggest control freak ever). Her H said he wanted to name the kid Batman. So...that has been the joke/the baby's name.

She has a Batman shirt, Batman invites, a big AWy announcement about how she *just knew* it was going to be a boy, etc.

So yeah, that is how you get Batman invites. IMO, it wouldn't be so damnable if it wasn't all over the place. A Batman shower, OK, but putting it everywhere loses it's charm, quicklly.

Re: The Invites

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    So - I should have had paper bacon strips? I mean, I love a theme, but come on. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

WTF. The backstory makes it even worse.

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

that child is doomed.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What started out as a joke has just gotten really, really old due to AWish behavior. Clearly, the baby has bottled her brain. Make note to self about this, and potential shop lifting side effects of child bearing and rearing.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think you should blame the baby for her bottled brain.

• Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, that backstory makes it even dumber.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

They need to keep that story where it belongs, as an inside joke. Not the theme to the baby shower.

• Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:d056d6b4-2c1e-4a37-b506-1e57787718dePost:e134355b-74e2-4f75-9b64-2a51eac3631f">Re: The Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]They need to keep that story where it belongs, as an inside joke. Not the theme to the baby shower.
    Posted by awesome-sauce[/QUOTE]

THIS

Does this mean I should have had a margarita-themed shower?  I think not.
  • Options
    awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_invites?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:d056d6b4-2c1e-4a37-b506-1e57787718dePost:3cd92fdf-d934-4453-ba8c-16c3329005cd">Re: The Invites</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Invites : THIS Does this mean I should have had a margarita-themed shower?  I think not.
    Posted by Heffalump[/QUOTE]

Favors: Tequila! Don't forget the salt!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Should I knickname my baby Belvedere?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards