Wedding Woes

IN RESPONSE TO BRIDE WHO CHOSE SISTER FOR MOH OVER EX BEST FRIEND

This bride neglected to mention her original moh was her sister who is not only a full time student , a full time employee but also sufferes from pulmadary embolisms which she could drop dead from at any time.  At the time moh #2 said she would take over and plan everything and little miss bride need not worry.  moh #2 has done zero in the planning of the event so the brides sister stepped in and took over.  IT IS NOT THE BRIDES RESPONSIBILITY TO PLAN HER SHOWER< BACHLORETTE PARTY,OR ALL THE FUN WEDDING ACTIVITIES!!!    Its about the BRIDE!!!  Not the friend who was still asked to be involved in ALL the wedding party activities plus read a prayer, sit at the wedding party table, her name listed on the programs as best friend of the bride everything other than walking down the isle!!!  All you BRIDEzilliAS SHOULD GET A GRIP AND PUT YOURSELF IN SOMEONE ELSES SHOES!  fAMILY IS FOR EVER!!!  fRIENDS NOT SO MUCH!  

Re: IN RESPONSE TO BRIDE WHO CHOSE SISTER FOR MOH OVER EX BEST FRIEND

• oh by the way...................  this post is from the mother of the bride!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    The bride should still pay for the dress.  Or the MOB should pony up since it's all about the bride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_in-response-to-bride-who-chose-sister-for-moh-over-ex-best-friend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:d0ce64ee-fb9f-4e8f-a9e1-e2ec24cec221Post:c2ed10a2-5923-4fb2-bf9d-18dbbccb3c46">IN RESPONSE TO BRIDE WHO CHOSE SISTER FOR MOH OVER EX BEST FRIEND</a>:
    [QUOTE]This bride neglected to mention her original moh was her sister who is not only a full time student , a full time employee but also sufferes from pulmadary embolisms which she could drop dead from at any time.  At the time moh #2 said she would take over and plan everything and little miss bride need not worry.  moh #2 has done zero in the planning of the event so the brides sister stepped in and took over.  IT IS NOT THE BRIDES RESPONSIBILITY TO PLAN HER SHOWER< BACHLORETTE PARTY,OR ALL THE FUN WEDDING ACTIVITIES!!!    Its about the BRIDE!!!  Not the friend who was still asked to be involved in ALL the wedding party activities plus read a prayer, sit at the wedding party table, her name listed on the programs as best friend of the bride everything other than walking down the isle!!!  All you BRIDEzilliAS SHOULD GET A GRIP AND PUT YOURSELF IN SOMEONE ELSES SHOES!  fAMILY IS FOR EVER!!!  fRIENDS NOT SO MUCH!  
    Posted by maliabrit[/QUOTE]

apparently "Drama Llama" is a genetic thing. . .
  • Awesome.
  • Sooooo..... utter narcissism is genetic.  Who knew?
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • The MOH is only required to buy a dress and show up, sounds like she did and was planning to.  It is always rude to remove somebody from a bridal party. PERIOD And if your other daughter wanted back in why didn't she just have a 2 person bridal party and them both walk down the aisle? 
  • Family is not forever.  They can drop dead at any moment, remember?
  • GBCKGBCK member
    'Family is forever', the matra of horrible families everywhere.

People really shouldn't put up w/ things from family that they wouldn't put up w/ from other people.
  • This made me so happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, see, I get blood clots too. Which could be pulmonary emboli at any point, yet I've never demanded to be in then out and back in a wedding party. Nor did I demand my bridesmaids do anything other than show up in the dress I asked them to wear. Anything else they did, they did on their own because they wanted to. Oh and I was a full time student who also worked full time.

END OF REPLIES.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • WzzWzz member
    i think maliabrit needs to evaluate who exactly needs to get a grip here.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    ded at zsa
  • I think I'm going to need a link to the original post....

::grabs popcorn::
    Anniversary
  • I thinks this one ups getting your FI to come on and defend you.   I don't see her marriage lasting long with mommy running to her rescue at every turn.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • I just have to add; Thank you ladies for making me laugh tonight!  This is fantasic!

(and MOB...cut the cord already!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards