Wedding Woes
Options

wdyt?

how many floors are you willing to walk up before you use the elevator?  is it unreasonable to use an elevator to get from the first floor to the third or fourth floor?

Re: wdyt?

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

If my hands are empty and the elevator isn't ready at the ground floor, I'll walk up 5 flights.  Anything more than 5 and I will wait for the elevator.  I'll walk down at least 10 flights before I wait for a down elevator.

I work on the second floor of our building and I take the elevator up 20% of the time and down 5%.

imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would walk up two or three floors before I start giving the stank eye. We have 3 fights of stairs here, and I only use the elevator when I have a box or somethng heavy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not unreasonable, but sometimes the stairs are faster if you're only going up 3 - 4 floors.
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Two or three, depending on what kind of shoes I'm wearing, am I sick, what kind of a day have I had, did I eat too much lunch, is it hot, blah blah. 

But I am lazy, so I'll take the elevator one floor if I feel like it. 

ETA: I generally don't take an elevator down unless it's hot. I thought this was a strictly "Up" question.
  • Options
    fishgirl77fishgirl77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Four or five floors.  If the elevator is annoyingly slow or there are a lot of people, I may go up to six floors.

We have people here that always take the elevator, and my building is only two floors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I use an elevator if it's more than 3 floors.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    depends on how convenient the stairs are, honestly.  When I was 25, I worked on the 4th floor and took the elevator all the time, just because that was the way the building was designed.

Now I work on the third floor and am excited to be able to take the stairs again after months of waddling to the elevator. 

Our stupid parking garage locks the stairs from the outside, so you literally can't take the stairs from the ground to even the 2nd floor.  Granted, I typically get here really late and have to park on level 7 or 8, which is elevatorville no matter what, but when I do get to park on 3 or 5, I'd like the option to take the stairs.

• Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Floor 3 and below is just ridiculous.  I will walk up 5 flights any day before I get on an elevator with other people.  Except for my Reproductive Endocrinologist's office, they are only on a 3rd but I always take the elevator...usually because I'm not feeling very energized on those days.
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work on the third floor and use the stairs, I like the small amount of exercise it gives me. The only time I've used the elevator since I've been here was when I had a plantar's wart removed from my toe and couldn't put too much pressure on it for long.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DG - we have the same issue at work.  You need a code to get on each floor from the stairwell.  So while I wouldn't mind walking from floor 2 to 5, IDK floor 5's code, so I have to take the slowass elevator.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I take the elevator going up past 5. I always walk down the stairs.
    "I would be sad if sex was only about the climax, lame." Someone who is obviously doing it wrong
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Five is usually my limit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on my shoes.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm trying to remember the last time I was in a building with more than 3 floors.   Maybe when I had my gallbladder out on the 4th floor.  I took the elevator.  Huh.  That's really, really sad. I need to get out more.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I usually take the elevator for everything - everyone in my office does.  Our building is set up in a way that the elevator is easy to get to, but stairs are really out of the way - excpet for floors 7-6, 5-4, and 3-2.  Weird setup.  So if I'm going from one to the other, Stairs.  Although, our elevators have been acting wonky lately.  I got stuck in one of them for a bit on Friday and had to pull the alarm.

• Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Typically I take stairs if it's 2 floors in either direction. After that it depends on the situation. If I'm with people who are taking the elevator, I follow. I think it's rude to take the elevator down any fewer than 2 floors.

My old boss used to take the elevator down one floor all.the.time. It was just one of a loooong list of reasons that I hated him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards