Wedding Woes
Options

poll

Let's say you were sitting next to a stranger on the train, or a bus, or an airplane....wherever youmight be that would sit you next to a complete stranger for a short period of time. You have something in your hands that could easily make a stain (a pen, a cop of coffee or juice, an open tub of manic panic, whatever...), and you happen to hit a bump. you get some on the person who is sitting near you. WDYD?

Re: poll

• Options

I'd offer to help clean and depending on the item offer some sort of compensation to clean it. Sorry, but if you are wearing something that can go in a washer/dryer I'm not paying for it. But if you are wearing something that needs to go to a dry cleaner, then I will certainly pay for it. It also depends on how much was spilled.

But then again, I'm perfect and never spill.

• Options
    i was thinking of the commercial where there are two adults and a kid at a bus stop. the mom of the kid is getting a tissue, but the kid wipes his nose on the stranger's sleeve. i was just wondering what i would do if i were the mom - or how i'd react if i were the stranger. i'd be so mad.
  • Options
    Yeah, like PMeg, I think my answer would change depending on whether the person was wearing a suit or sweats.
  • Options
    I have not said seen commercial, but if some kid did that to me you had better believe there would be loud, angry words. If my kid did that...I'd throw a $20 at the person while dragging his azz off for some serious punishment.
  • Options
    I would probably offer a tissue and some money towards drycleaning (if it warranted dry cleaning).

TBH though, I'm *much* more likely to drop that coffee all over myself. It's why I'm careful where I drink it.

I hate those to go cups from the coffee shops. Last summer I was out with my mum and a friend, and I was trying to get the lid off to put some sugar in. Well, I'm not entirely sure what happened, but the next thing I know there's coffee all over me, the floor, my mum, and the stranger sitting at the table behind the milk/sugar/creamer/spoon area.

I'm such a clutz.
  • Options
    Ohh, yeah, boogers are a whole different ball game.  I don't know how you could even make up for that.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_poll-49?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:d37264f8-4efd-443a-bad7-745ef10b539fPost:98fd0bb4-61f1-4671-9341-f7e4ffa1661a">Re: poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ohh, yeah, boogers are a whole different ball game.  I don't know how you could even make up for that.
    Posted by ReturnOfKuus[/QUOTE]

<div>Yeah, they don't stain, but the squick level more than makes up for that.</div>
  • Options
    This won't let me vote, but I'd do the first or second option, depending on what the person was wearing.

I was on a flight once, and the person next to me was drinking a beer and during some turbulance spilled it all over me.  They didn't even acknowledge me - just asked the flight attendant for another beer. I had to flag her down and ask for some napkins for myself.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards