Wedding Woes
Options

WWWWD?

So I agreed to host my board game club this weekend. But it is spring break week in town and so far only two people have said they are coming and many of the regulars have RSVP'd no.  I don't want to clean and cook for two people to come over and play scrabble.  We usuallly have a group of about 6-10 and it is loads of fun, but I just don't see it happening with only three of us.  So do I cancel now or go through with it for two people?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: WWWWD?

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd cancel, personally.  But I'm a hermit like that.

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I'd send the two an email asking if they want to substitute another activity. Maybe you guys can have dinner, or see a movie, or go mini-golfing or bowling or something? If you go out, y'all can still get together, but you won't have to have the trouble of hosting.

Also: How do you start a board-game club? Is this something that requires friends in the first place, or can you solicit strangers? 
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    bmom, in STL there is a board games group on meetup.com.  It's open invite, free, and they meet twice/month (I think) at local coffeeshops, bookstores, and restaurants to play board games.  It's actually a pretty large groups. I went once, and I'd say there were probably 6 games going on with 2-5 people per game.  They had a nice mix of easy games, hard games, strategy games, word games, puzzles, etc.

• Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    can you host w/o real cleaning/cooking?
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Tks, DG. I'll look into that. We love games, but there's only two of us, so it's not as fun as it could be. We end up stripping a lot. 
  • Options
    zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My house isn't a wreck.  It will only take me a few hours to get it company ready, I think, so maybe I should just do it for no other reason that to force me to clean. 

My group is through the university women's group.  It started up a few years ago with funding from the president's office to send out mailings to every female faculty and staff on campus.  We have little cell groups - a supper club, a book club, games club, toddler playdate club, crafts club, etc.  Meetup would be a good place to find or start one.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd go with bmom's idea and suggest another activity. Board games aren't fun with 3 people anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards