Wedding Woes
Options

Can I get in the H face-punching line?

1.  He called a little while ago, ostensibly to ask where we're staying this weekend, but really to whine some more about the hotel.  "I guess I'd better call my mom and break the news," he sighed dramatically.  Break the news?  Get thefuck out of here.  No one died.  I was just like, "Okay then, call me if you have any other questions."

2.  We're checking DD's car seat because she's traveling as a lap infant.  I told DH I was going to order a bag for the car seat so it doesn't get all banged up in the cargo hold.  His suggestion?  "Can't you just use a garbage bag?"  Note the use of "you" instead of "we," as if this is exclusively my problem.  I asked him if he had seen our luggage lately, and what a beating it's taken in 4 1/2 years.  (It was a wedding gift from my grandma.)  If Samsonite ballistic nylon or whatever they call it has gotten all chewed up, I can't imagine a Hefty bag will hold up too well.  But he likes his trash bag idea because it's cheap.

I don't think I'll punch him in the face, but I might imagine it during this trip, the way some people meditate on oceans, or fields of wildflowers.

Re: Can I get in the H face-punching line?

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But the Glad Flex bags will hold a piano!!  And didn't you know that you are soley responsible for DS' packing forever and always?  You will always be the one at fault when your kid has to wear the same socks for 3 days.

(Yeah, I have a hot button issue there.  "I can't believe you forgot the socks!"  Bastard, I didn't find out our plans until the day before.)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dude needs to gird up those loins.  if he's so broken up about not staying with his mom, then he can stay there, and you and woozle can stay at the hotel.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-h-face-punching-line?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:d3e7963d-2623-420d-8052-351663049961Post:2925721e-2095-40d7-bb65-bd36896df3e3">Re: Can I get in the H face-punching line?</a>:
    [QUOTE]dude needs to gird up those loins.  if he's so broken up about not staying with his mom, then he can stay there, and you and woozle can stay at the hotel.
    Posted by katorigasuki[/QUOTE]
    Amen.  I've told him that, too:  "I'd love for you to join us at the hotel, but if you feel that you need to stay at your mom's, I understand."  I just get the long, drawn-out, martyr-y "Noooooooooo." [sigh]  Fine, then--whatever.

I think he has a high opinion of himself, imagining all of us heartbroken every minute he's not around.  Oh, the drama!
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I can think of with the garbage bag scenario is Tommy Boy and then I laughand laugh.  I'm not helpful.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards