Wedding Woes
Options

The kittens are back

They were on the front porch when DH left for work this morning. I put Herbert's crate out there and filed it with towels, a bowl of tuna and a bowl of water. They skitter away every time I get near, but so far have kept the food in their line of sight. I'm hoping they get comfortable enough in the crate for me to take them to the local shelter. There are no tags on any of them.

Re: The kittens are back

• Options
    LnR70707LnR70707 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awwww.....I want a baby kitty.

can you get pictures?
    br>imageimage
    IF/Baby Blog
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They sound adorable. Pictures please!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can't you just put them in a sack and drop them in the river?  ;)
    imageimage
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to get them in the sack first.

They're hungry little buggers. I've already gone through 4 cans of Tuna, and now I'm all out. Hopefully they stick around once the food is gone. They still run whenever I get close. One little guy couldn't find his way out of the cage when I went to refill the food. Poor thing completely panicked.

Once they are comfortable enough for me to get near them with a camera I'll take pictures.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not to be a Debbie Kitty Hating Downer, but if they're that terrified of humans, what's the point of taking them to the humane society?  Can they adopt them out as farm cats?  If not, won't they just put them down?
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm hoping they warm up to me. So far I suck at this. The food is gone and they're back to hiding in the bushes. Oh well.
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If they're young enough, they can usually get acclimated to humans and be adopted out.  It's kitten season, though, and most rescues are full.

ETA:  Keep trying, Duckis.  Sometimes it takes a little while, but you can get little ones to get used to you.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Almost all cats are skittish around unknown humans. My family's housecats love the people they live with, but will hide from everyone else. Being afraid doesn't make them unadoptable: it makes them cats. 
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

BMom has an excellent point.  My youngest cat is a complete cuddler (the only cat I've ever had who meows because he wants to be picked up and held), but disappears the minute anyone he doesn't know walks in the door.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They're sticking around. I went out to buy them more tuna and they were all hanging out in the crate when I got back home. Now they stare at me and slowly back away. I think they're starting to recognize me as the lady who brings the foods.
  • Options
    alikatt17alikatt17 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Lucy is a year old now and she still won't come out unless she wants you to see her (then she's very loving).  The other two are weird and demand attention of who enter. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards