Wedding Woes

Worst Gift from work?

Well, it's not technically a boss, but a Vendor always gets us a Hormel Canned Ham.  EW.

Re: Worst Gift from work?

• edited December 2011
    One year my Secret Santa gave me a mug of peppermints for 4 days, and my big gift was another mug of peppermints, and a stinky candle.

I skipped playing for 2 years after that.
  • zsazsa-stlzsazsa-stl member
    First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I once got a can coozie from a boss.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    ewww. 

We got some odd, but useful ones- CO monitor, a smoke detector ornament, a fire extinguisher, a bag of sidewalk salt, first aid kit.  They were all from the safety committee so what can you say?
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My H would love those gifts, 6. 
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh man, the first year i worked at current job, we all got a giant towel.  srsly, the towel was like 4' x 6'.  it was white with the organization logo.

and it was the worst towel ever.  i washed it and it RUINED the washer and dryer, as in, both were left with a thick lining of white fuzz inside the drum.  so the towel was pretty much bald after the first wash except for the thick black logo which was now gooey from melting in the dryer.

i was going to donate it to a dog shelter, but those dogs have already been through enough.  it got tossed.
  • notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

When I worked for Turner, the employee Christmas gifts one year were leftover swag from the Atlanta Olympics - we got to go "shopping" to choose what we wanted.  It wasn't bad stuff, though, just kind of obvious where they were from.  I still have/use the blanket I picked out.

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll say it. I hate Starbucks giftcards. I don't go to Starbucks enough to want to carry the damn thing around with me, and I'd rather spend that money on pretty much anything but designer coffee.

But the worst office gift I ever got was a decorative can of Starbucks hot chocolate mixes. So now it's an overpriced drink I have to make myself. Thanks.
  • edited December 2011
    A giant eraser with a picture of a tree on it. We didn't know what it was and thought it might be a seed pod and we were supposed to plant it? It's still in my drawer and it's a nice eraser...it was just odd.
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    double post. thanks knot. 
  • edited December 2011
    a coffee scoop and a travel mug. From my boss.

I don't drink coffee.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    One year my Secret Santa got me candy out of the vending machine downstairs.  Talk about fuckeffort.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards