Wedding Woes
Options

Good morning

How was the weekend?  What did y'all do?

We went camping down in southern Ind.  It was hot, but we were in a forest, so it could have been worse.   Camping is rough with a non-walking toddler.  We also didn't have sites that had grass, so it was all dirt and leaves.  I'm sure DefConn ate his fair share of leaves...and dirt.   The park we were staying in is adjacent to a cute town that has a lot of little shops.  We went into town on Saturday.  I bought (and tasted) wine from the local winery and a bird bath (we've been looking for one).   Yesterday, right as we were packing up to leave, the kiddo went flying down a hill on my nieces Razor scooter (after he'd been told to NOT do that, natch) and he took a pretty good tumble.  He scraped a few layers off his knee, sprained his wrist, and has a bunch of cuts and scrapes.  But no tears!!  He's such a champ.  We went to dinner at my parents last night after we got home.

Cute alert: When my nephew (who's 4) found out the kiddo had hurt himself, he started crying.  He's so sweet.  And the kiddo is his hero.  ;)

Re: Good morning

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    See below for mine.  Overall nice, but there were a few upsets.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    yay camping!

I had work meetings on Friday-ya know, my day off :-P, did some (rather unsuccessful) shopping after, my folks kept Buffy overnight and the Mr. and I went out to eat and had incredibly lousy service and mediocre spoon (yes, it's a wee greasy-spoon-esque pub, but, FFS, get me my frickin coke within 25 min of walking in the door!)

I got Buffy on Sat AM, we hung out and had a good day, fixed the tub when the Mr. got home, yay!

Yesterday we did very little :)
  • Options
    We went to see new niece on Saturday.

Sunday, we went to a Mississippi river museum.  DH has been wanting to see their Amazon exhibit before it leaves in Aug.
  • Options
    Saturday we spent the day in the City. There was a street fair and the flea markets. Then I got cake for H since it was his birthday.

Sunday we stayed local and went to the local nature center. I got to hold a butterfly! H got to try out his new baby carrier and seems to like it. Then we went to the mall to kill some time.

All in all, H had a good birthday/father's day weekend and so did I.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Saturday:  We had company staying with us for the weekend (friend of DH) so I welcomed the opportunity to make a big breakfast of homemade waffles and bacon. 
    Then. I took DD to my nephew's bday party at a little science museum.   DD and I had a lot of fun and I was impressed with how well behaved she was.   She may be a brat at home, but when we're out she is almost always on her best behavior.    
    We came home, and while she took a nap, I played some board games with DH and his friend.   Then we had a "tournament" to determine where to go to dinner, which was a fun way to decide - - we usually do this with movies.  In the end, DH and I a both put through the restaurant that is the closest to us, proving that laziness always wins out.   ;)   But it was a good dinner and we had fun.  
    After DD went to bed we played more board games.   Right before bed, I made some crepe batter for in the morning.

Sunday: made crepes for Father's Day breakfast.   First we did savory breakfast ones with ham and gruyere cheese, and then we did dessert ones with butter, sugar and cinnamon.   We were out of Nutella which gave me a huge sad.  And DD was a fool and wouldn't try any of it.
    Last night we went to dinner with my dad and stepmother.   We went to Buca di Beppo - not my favorite place usually, but it was very good last night and I have leftovers for lunch today.   I recommend the Shrimp Florentine.   Yum-o.

The end.
  • Options
    The weekend was very quiet for us. 

Friday H worked on some garage doors, but came home and even bought himself dinner, so I didn't have to worry about that.

Saturday H had some IDPA thing so he was gone for the majority of the day.  He didn't get back home until 4pm.  I got to meet a friend that I haven't seen for eons...and realized how awesome she is.  It felt like we hadn't missed ANY time, we just chatted away, it was great.  H and I ran errands, bought new sheets..and pillows and had dinner at a mexican place which was "meh".  Even the margaritas weren't fantastic.  Sad.  But we put the new sheets on the bed...and honestly we're clearly lame because we were beyond excited for new fancy sheets. 

Sunday I helped H move in the cabinet he had been working on for 6 weeks.  That thing was a behemoth...probably weighed close to 200 lbs...but we made it and it fit perfectly.  Then I stayed home most of the day while H ran around and finished up 3 more jobs.  And then dinner with my family at a great restaurant where we were the loudest group (as usual) and I nearly face planted in the middle of the restaurant.  Whee? 

A great weekend actually.
  • Options
    Saturday we went to a mall. Kind of rushed out of the door without our lists, so we ended up going back to all of the same places on Sunday. Went to Outback on Sunday. It was the best trip to Outback ever, for some reason. We were loving everything and were talking about going back. We're weirdos.

I bought this for the house. I've been wanting a mirror for the living room. Have to be able to check your teeth before you walk out the door.

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Saturday H helped with a BBQ to raise money for the leukemia kid. They are doing a LOT of fundraisers for them, which is great, but even a very successful BBQ is not going to make a big dent in medical expenses for leukemia treatment.

Sunday we went and bought the boys new bikes. Desmo just hopped on one at someone else's houses a couple of weeks ago and started riding. Once we picked our jaws up off of the floor, we decided we should go ahead and get them real bikes, because the tricycle isn't cutting it anymore (though they love their big wheel).

And it only took one time out to convince Dex that he is REALLY not allowed to ride the bike without a helmet. That's a win.

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    we had a good weekend. i didn;t get much done in the way of chores, but that is what this morning was all about.

nothing noteworthy on saturday happened. yesterday, i made H a special breakfast with homemade raspberry compote. why i don't make this more often is beyond me. then we discovered a local park that we knew about, but had no idea that the kid's area was as fantastic as it is. we'll be going back again and again. the beach has what looked like a kiddie water park - who knew!
    last night was dinner with dad.

kid is back to his normal self, thank goodness. i was afraid he was on his way to becoming one of those picky eaters i always hear about, because he started to turn down certain things he always liked. i guess it was just the tail end of whatever was making him sick because he at A LOT this weekend. i am so happy.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_good-morning-21?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:d9ce8582-1703-46dd-b675-4cd3fd804996Post:0318e26d-cb07-4846-9fb2-c992fcf2d8ca">Re: Good morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]kid is back to his normal self, thank goodness. i was afraid he was on his way to becoming one of those picky eaters i always hear about, because he started to turn down certain things he always liked. i guess it was just the tail end of whatever was making him sick because he at A LOT this weekend. i am so happy.
    Posted by Wzz[/QUOTE]

DefConn was the same way last week.  I, too, was worried we had the beginnings of a picky eater, but it was an ear infection.   He ate an entire enchilada last night.  That's my boy!
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    lol, conn. it's hilarious. you probably have to order him his own meal at restaurants, also.

he moves so much, actually started running this past week like a loon. he uses every last one of those calories. i just hope the fact that he eats most everything doesn't change!
  • Options
    MinM- That mirror is AMAZING!!!! 
  • Options
    This weekend was okay. Friday afternoon DH called me to let me know that the dog's growth in her mouth has returned. We were doing some watch and wait, but now we're really put in the position of being forced to make a treatment option or saying good-bye. It wasn't a huge mass but it grew back in less than a month, meaning it's going to progress quickly. So that sucks big fat donkey balls.

I got home late, went to bed and told DH I wanted to pretend that nothing was wrong. Woke up on Saturday and got an eyebrow wax and my hair cut. DH and DS went over FIL's house then so I had a bit of alone time at home. Made dinner and just had a relaxing day.

Sunday I made eggs Benedict and they kinda sucked. DH was happy though. He played computer games all day which is what he wanted for Father's Day. I got to rock DS to sleep for a nap because he would not sleep. I loved it, and if I didn't have to pack and get ready for my freaking trip I would have let him sleep like that for his entire nap.

Flew to SLC, flight was delayed by 30 minutes and everyone near me on the plane kept complaining. Douches. At least it's only 30 minutes and not 3 hours.
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    i'm sorry about the dog, pmeg.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards