Wedding Woes
Options

M2 is killing me this morning

She and I were already downstairs playing when 6let came down.  She started bouncing up and down, squealing, and saying "hi" and doing this little hand wave.  She was soooooo excited to see her brother this morning.

Later I poured a bowl of cereal for 6let and went to the restroom.  6let decided he needed to go too so she was left alone.  When I came back she had pulled herself onto the kitchen chair, grabbed his spoon, and was picking the strawberries out and eating them. 

If she wants milk she throws herself against the refrigerator.  If she's ready for a meal she just climbs into her little booster. 

I'm doomed.

Re: M2 is killing me this morning

• Options
    That is one smart little girl you've got on your hands.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yes, yes you are.  :) 

DefConn knows to turn himself around and go down butt first off the couch.
    He also started blowing his nose this past weekend.
    He can eat an entire grilled cheese sandwich. 
    He has super rubber arms and can reach almost anything on our end tables in the living room.  There's one corner of the end table by the recliner that he can't reach and that's where I have to put the remotes or my drink so he doesn't knock it over.
    DefConn waves when he's in the mood (when it comes to me it's never, but he'll wave at everyone else.  Stinker.) and gives high fives (which he finds hilarious).  

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    She has the grabbies too!!  She broke a MARBLE coaster the other day.  She also snitched a box of snacks and just started walking around with it.  I haven't made her a grilled cheese, but that sounds good for all of us today.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2012
    DefConn LOVES coasters.  He thinks bashing them on things is the best.   We have some wood and some stone coasters.  Of course he always wants the stone coasters.  He ate/destroyed half of a cardboard coaster before I could get to him a few weeks ago (he did it in less than 3 min).  Embarassed
  • Options
    M has to get her hands on everything now. Paper is one of her favorites. When her therapists are writing up their notes at the end of a session she's grabbing for the paper and pen. We're practicing "no" with her.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Oh the paper.  It KILLS me that my child is a paper eater!  We know what's in that crap.  No box of kleenex is safe.
  • Options
    Kleenex, white paper, parchment paper is the best - anything that crinkles.

If she gets fussy at the grocery store we throw a bag of chips into the cart next to her and she's happy to crinkle for hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    DefConn likes to try and turn completely around in the cart at the store to get to the stuff in the basket.  We usually put something next to him, which is OK for awhile.  But then he wants the other stuff.

The new carts at Target are the worst.  I can't seem to get the belt tight enough, so he ends up trying to turn around and stand up. 
  • Options
    M isn't that mobile yet. There are some benefits to her delays.

Oh and she's been cutting 4 teeth for 2.5 months. there is FINALLY a little sliver of white on 2 spots but she's a water fall. She goes through multiple outfits a day and is still on mostly a hunger strike. Poor thing was fighting her bottle this morning.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Awww...Poor M.  I hope those teeth pop through soon and she gets some relief.

DefConn doesn't drool a lot when he's teething.  Instead, he pretty much sucks/chews the skin off his thumb.  It's disgusting.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    edited May 2012

In a normal shopping cart 6let stands on the end so M2 wants to spend the whole trip standing and staring at him.  I just hang on to her clothes and let her.  I actually prefer the big car ones for that reason.  They crack me up "driving" and beeping each others horns. 

• Options

i love that she decided to steal his strawberries. smart kid.

Wolverine is climbing on everything. if she can't reach something she wants, she'll push something (a box, a toy, etc.) over so she can climb on top of it.

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

Mine actually go in the freezer, get waffles, put them in the toaster, get them out & eat them. I'm giong to go ahead and call that a perk of having the freezer on the bottom, though I do think waffles make up  far too much of their diets. I should probably start buying organic ones. Ugh.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards