Wedding Woes
Options

Restaurant trash

This is bothering me lately.  When you eat at a restaurant and use a straw that you have to unwrap or there is a paper wrap around the napkin/silverware...what are you supposed to do with the paper?

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Restaurant trash

• Options
    I put leave it on the table, but actually, in my circle, they tend to get fidgeted into unrecognizable shapes or rolled into tiny balls, then left on the table.  If having them there bothers you, you could leave it on the salad or soup plate, so that they're taken away early in the meal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I leave them on the table when I'm eating, then put them on my plate when I'm done so the waiter/waitress doesn't have to spend extra time picking up scraps of paper when they clear the table.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    We always end up with some kind of "trash" pile, either out of the way on the table, or stacked on a plate along with the onions we end up picking out of the food. :)

• Options
    The straw wrappers are endless entertainment for my children.  6let can spend the time we are waiting for our food blowing those back and forth with an adult while M2 laughs.
  • Options
    I put that stuff to the side until I have an empty plate to pile it all on.

Pet peeve - - I hate when wait staff let plates and trash pile up on the table.  Note to all servers:  you will get a bigger tip if I don't have to be surrounded by trash and unwanted/leftover food.   Thank you.

What about this topic has been bothering you, zsa?
  • Options

I just hate trying to have a nice dinner with trash all over the table. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Good point AF- a good server takes trash off of the table.  I always took that stuff away and never let empty dishes sit.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards