Wedding Woes
Options

Who isn't snowed in today?

We're only getting rain.  I'm a tiny bit disappointed.  But I don't want the big ice that is expected just north of us.  I did that two years ago (power and water out for a week).  No thank you.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Who isn't snowed in today?

• Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I made it in but I'm concerned about getting home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The parking lots/walk ways are completely covered in ice, but the main roads are fine so I made it in to work.  I plan on leaving early though, since I don't know what the second storm will do.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Me.  But blizzard conditions are supposed to start around 2 or so.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

i'm at work.  the storm is supposed to hit north (arbolita territory) so i should be good.  but there is no one in the office.

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have nothing but dreary skies.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_isnt-snowed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:e0850946-aa22-4ab2-9d65-741b64d9acd2Post:e53609e2-26f7-4ed7-8392-1d4f6dd23d9b">Re: Who isn't snowed in today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]i'm at work.  the storm is supposed to hit north (arbolita territory) so i should be good.  but there is no one in the office.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're definitely going to get some sort of precipitation.  Right now we're just waiting to see what the temperature does to determine if it'll be rain, freezing rain, or sleet.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not yet.  We're supposed to get it later today and tomorrow is the snow day.
  • Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Rain for us too.  Harrumph.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_isnt-snowed-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e0850946-aa22-4ab2-9d65-741b64d9acd2Post:9d1dac11-5067-4ab5-9047-9af2eca5152b">Re: Who isn't snowed in today?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have nothing but dreary skies.
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]

This.  Rain is predicted later.  Oddly, our temperature is supposed to rise overnight, and it's supposed to be 57 when I get up tomorrow.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    It looks like a beautiful day here, but the current temp is -10, and the windchill makes it feel like -27. No one's in school. Our high is supposed to be 1. I looked at that and thought, "they forgot ALL the zeroes today!" 

• Options
    VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    It is blizzard conditions here.  I can't see much beyond the fence really at my house.  It does come and go, but the snow is coming down thick and big fat flakes.  Suppose to keep doing this until 6pm.
  • Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's supposed to be about 65 here today. Sunny. A little breezy.
  • Options
    MNNEBrideMNNEBride member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    We are north of "The Big One".  We got about 4" of light, fluffy snow yesterday and last night.  Winds are to pick up later, causing blowing, drifting and limited visability.  There are some schools closed in more rural areas but for the most part, just a normal winter day in MN. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    California, california here we cooooome!
    61 and sunny. On the downside: no snow for me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a blizzard here. Windy, big fat flakes, at least 6 inches of snow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards