Wedding Woes

Re: Laundry Poll

• thatgrrrrlthatgrrrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Laudromat. They deal with the traps. I just spend a ton of money washing my clothes.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I empty it after every other load.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

I said yes, but I should have said SS.  I empty the trap daily, but not after every load, since I'm doing 2-3 loads a day.

• DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to. The dryer gets very inefficient with a full lint trap. And it's usually full after every load.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    2-3 loads a day makes me want to cry.  I hate that I'm up to 5 loads a week.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

One thing I've learned about load count is that washers vary dramatically in their capacity.  I always thought we just had a fairly standard-sized washing machine, but then I washed clothes in my mom's "extra large capacity" or some such, and it was TINY comapred to ours.  If that were my washing machine, I would be doing 3x as many "loads," because I wouldn't be able to fit anything in there!

H bought the washer/dryer before we met. I'm glad he realized at the time that bigger was better.

• GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Mr. does it.
    But my dryer is about 5 years older than I am, so the lint trap has to be pried out w/ pliers because the plastic on the handle finally gave.
    (yes, we could replace it.  but it works and the energy ratings on a new one aren't really better)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards