Wedding Woes
Options

LG steam dryer?

We were supposed to receive our wonderful new dryer on May 5th - upon delivery, we found out that we needed a gas dryer, and not the electric dryer that DH was (1000% sure, Maury) that we needed. 

The price of said dryer has increased significantly (it was on sale when we ordered and they won't honor the sale price), and we haven't made it out to the store to get another.

I found an LG steam dryer online that is essentially the same as what we were going to order and is on sale for *sale* price of old LG (non-steam) dryer + $100.  It's in stock, so we can get a fast delivery. 

is the steam feature worth the extra $100? 

Re: LG steam dryer?

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends if you like ironing or not.
    imageimage
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i don't believe in ironing.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    $100?  Come on.  DO IT.  DOITDOITDOIT.
  • Options
    *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate ironing so I say yes. However, it's not magical steam like I thought in my head, you have to fill up some reservoir with water all the time to create the steam. Why can't they just run a water line to it, but w/e it's not that big of a deal.
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted yes.  It's worth it to me, and I'll more than likely get a dryer with this feature when we're in the market for a new dryer.

I iron before weddings and funerals.  That's about it.  If anything else is wrinkled, I throw it in the dryer with a damp towel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a steamer (hand held, not the dryer) and I love it. I hate hate hate ironing after having to iron shirts for work when I was waiting tables for a grillion years. I voted yes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards