Wedding Woes
Options

Anyone want a 3 yo?

All he wants to talk about his his birthday party.  It's not until SEPTEMBER!!!  He wants balloons, cake, cousins, a work bench, hockey stick and helmet,  candles to blow out and make a wish.

It was cute 4 days ago, but if this keeps up any longer I'm goint to shoot myself.

Re: Anyone want a 3 yo?

• Options
    Oy.  I feel for you.  The kiddo (who's 11) does the same thing with telling us isht over and over again. 

Is there something else you can get him excited about?  Maybe his new bedroom at the new house?
  • Options
    Oh we talk about the new house constantly too- can we take this? can we take that? We need to borrow pap's truck to move? Are we taking Megan's bed?  Can I get bouncy shoes to bounce to the ceiling and slide down the walls?

Imabout to slide down the walls.
  • Options
    It's amazing how their little minds work to figure stuff out.  Exhausting but amazing!
  • Options
    Hee!  At least he is cute and funny. 

Remind yourself that you aren't in an office with a sweaty 300 pound co-worker obsessing over the kind of paper in the copy machine. Because that is not cute.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Time to play the 'quiet game' and don't be above bribing for silence.  ;)
  • Options
    I'd trade you, but it would be more of the same.   She is OBSESSED with birthdays and whose birthday is next and will we have cake and will we sing and how many more days until daddy's/pawpaw's/cousin's birthday and how long before hers and she wants a Cinderella/Aurora/Robot/Pirate/Flavor of the week party, blah. blah. blah.

And, YES!, thank GOD they are cute.
  • Options

We also have an obsession with birthdays. Interesting.

Last night, he says, "I'm 3!"

"I'm 35," I said.

(exasperated) "You haven't had your birthday yet!!"

And really. God help us if they see a balloon anywhere, anytime. "They're having a birthday!!"  Yesterday, they asked to go to SIL's house for Nephew's birthday. (Which it was, last time we were there. On December 3.)

• Options
    She's also obsessed with when Halloween is.  She checks in every few days to make sure it hasn't sneaked up on her.   She knows that Halloween is before HER birthday and then after her birthday it's Christmas - - so everything hinges on when Halloween is.  
    Anyone elses kid do this?
  • Options
    6let wants to be Mickey Mouse for Halloween and talks about that a lot too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards