Wedding Woes
Options

Seshat

Where did you come up with your name?

I always see it as "She shat" and go, "Ewww..."

This random question and thought brought to you by the letters B and C.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Seshat

• Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Get out of my head!!
  • Options
    This.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Gone too Soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha, I never thought of it that way. But now that's all I'll think of!

Seshat is the egyptian goddess of writing, wisdom, and knowledge. She wrote the scrolls and is claimied to have been the inventor of writing. I am a published author, so I always loved reading about her. I also have her headdress, the 7-pointed star, tattooed on my back.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    "I am a published author" = one story in a journal no one's heard of that paid in a single contributor's copy. 

Just say you're a writer, FFS. Although, you have saved us wondering exactly how pretentious you are. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_seshat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ea9bc95f-58fa-4408-8cc3-4f301ed90f01Post:1b05228f-e244-48b7-975f-1b0d9a82c660">Re: Seshat</a>:
    [QUOTE]"I am a published author" = one story in a journal no one's heard of that paid in a single contributor's copy.  Just say you're a writer, FFS. Although, you have saved us wondering exactly how pretentious you are. 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

Actually I have 2 published fiction novels with the third on the way. And I got the tattoo when I was 18 to celebrate my first book, which is why I mentioned the tattoo part.

I may be pretentious, but at least I'm not throwing out ignorant judgments of people when I know nothing about them.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    heee @ what this turned into...

Seshat, anything I might have heard of? What kind of fiction?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Missy Flow is also a "published author".

Just sayin'. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_seshat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ea9bc95f-58fa-4408-8cc3-4f301ed90f01Post:c39dab71-d268-4241-881f-4e637f3f1abb">Re: Seshat</a>:
    [QUOTE]heee @ what this turned into... Seshat, anything I might have heard of? What kind of fiction?
    Posted by Butter Cookie[/QUOTE]

I don't think I could say the names of the books on here because of the advertising/vendor rules, and of course I don't want to come off as to "pretentious" because apparently I am, so I'll just say they are fiction novels that focus on saving kids from child abuse.

You may have heard of them, it might depend on where to live. They are more popular in my region.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's "too", BTW.

Is this the writer's version of "She's from Canada"? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who is Missy Flow?

And I don't understand why you're so caught up with the word 'published.' I am published and am proud of it. It was a lot of hard work, still is hard. You don't have to believe me, it doesn't affect me one way of the other. But seriously, why such negativity?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_seshat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ea9bc95f-58fa-4408-8cc3-4f301ed90f01Post:7c07127e-636b-4440-ae5c-de2c2049cab8">Re: Seshat</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's "too", BTW. Is this the writer's version of "She's from Canada"? 
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

Ah, so now you're resorting to picking apart my posts. I see how this is going to go. You insult me for no reason, I'm supposed to defend myself so you can find more ammo to use against me. Typical childish antics. Fine, have it your way. I'm a horrible writer who clearly can't string a sentence together and you're the best that ever lived.

Happy?
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The last book I read about child abuse was Roseflower Creek. Before that it was Secret Life of Bees. I'm a fantasy and sci-fi person, but find the occasional regular fiction that sucks me in. Right now I have The Host waiting for me. I don't expect much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't ready any of those, but I want to check out the Secret Life of Bees. The last books I ready were those in the Percy Jackson series. Next I'm on to Gregor and the Underland, or something like that. My mom is a middle school teacher and asks me to read all her young adult literature books before she puts them on the shelves to make sure they're appropriate.

Usually they are kind of lame, but  I really liked the Percy Jackson series because I love the whole Greek, Roman, and Egyptian god/goddess thing. My books were inspired from reading Ursula Sunshine (don't remember the author), because I was so outraged after reading it.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI has two series I want to read by... Jim Butcher? I'm a slow reader, and not someone who reads daily even though I enjoy reading.

Then I want to start on the Harry Potter series.

Have you ever read How To Be A Dragon Without Burning Your Tongue? Good book for that aged children.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, haven't read that one but I'll pass it along to my mom. She gets books out of that Scholastic magazine since they are cheaper for teachers, so maybe they'll have it in there.

I've read the 5th Harry Potter, but that's all. I had to read it for an adolescent lit class a few years ago and was totally lost, so I had to go back ad watch the first 4 movies. Why my professor thought we would understand the fifth book with no knowledge of the first 4 is beyond me.

But my favorite series is by W. Michael Gear and Kathleen O'Neil Gear, the First North American series, or something along those lines. They are about Native Americans, based on their archeological studies and digs. I think there are about 16 in the series at the moment. They all begin with "People of the...."
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I doubt it will be. I don't know where my copy went. I think I let LS borrow it and she lost/forgot about it. A shame, it's not an inexpensive book. Lesson learned I suppose.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards