Wedding Woes

Closet-cleaning related confession

I also have several years of clothes in our closet that need to be pitched.  When we moved last year, we went through our clothes.  DH started making a huge pile of clothes that he hasn't worn for years.  I started going through his pitch pile and cried when I saw certain pieces he wore back when we first met.  CRIED. (ETA:  keep in mind I was 25 wks pg.  Yes, I'm pulling the pg card for this)  He hasn't worn them since 2003, but I couldn't let him throw them away.  They're still in our closet.

And after reading what I just typed above, I realize how crazy/TF this is of me and will be getting rid of these items this week.

Re: Closet-cleaning related confession

• edited December 2011

Let yourself keep ONE item, pitch the rest. It is OK to be a little sentimental.

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't feel bad.

I was going through DH's clothes, and I found the lounge pants that I bought him for his birthday when we were first together. I got sad for a second about throwing them away, but he hasn't worn them in years. Time for them to go.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL.  You're funny.  And a little nuts.  But that's okay.
    imageimage
  • Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI had clothes he wore in HS in the closet. They disappear mysteriously when he's at work. I have no emotional attachment to most of his clothes, but his hats smell like him and i'm a little soft-hearted with those.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have emotional attachments to weird things.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    maybe the next time he mows the lawn, you should keep the clippings.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I cry when I see DH wearing clothes from hs.  I cry because he can fit in 15+ year old clothes though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards