Wedding Woes
Options

Plans for the weekend/finger food suggestions?

I don't have many.   Going to my parents house tomorrow to celebrate my dad and sister's birthdays, and doing a test run of my fudge since it's the first time I'm making it in this kitchen. 

Mr. Arb and I also volunteered to host my famly at our place the day after Christmas to exchange our gifts, so now we really have to go into overdrive as far as getting unpacked/organized.  Since we don't have a kitchen table yet, we'll probably order in pizza to eat, but I want to have a couple small offerings for people to snack on as well.  I plan on making these, but I want one or two other items.  Suggestions?

ETA: There will be 6 adults (one of whom is pregnant),1 teenager and a toddler.

Re: Plans for the weekend/finger food suggestions?

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a veggie tray with some dips? Hummus, ranch, onion, tzatziki (if you're me), that sort of thing?

Then maybe something else simple - mini quiches or something
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

We have no plans this weekend.  DH is on call- there should be 5 people on his team, but due to layoffs there are 3.

For nibbles- an antipasto platter?  This is something I do- a skewer of tortellini, then any mix of cherry tomato, olive, salami, cheese, marinate overnight in Italian dressing.  Devil eggs, shrimp cocktail.  I have a really good and easy shrimp dip if you want the recipe.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have a Costco or BJs they generally have big hoar derb platters in the freezer section. Get a couple of those and you're set...

and now I want a hoar derb platter.
  • Options
    loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No big plans so far. I am going to be sneaking out for a pedicure this afternoon.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The veggie tray is a really good idea - and I feel kind of like a dunce for not being able to come up with that myself.  

6, your shrimp dip suggestion helped me think of a third one.  My mom has a killer crab dip recipe so maybe I can coerce her to make it, or pass the recipe along to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards