Wedding Woes

Magic Mike

So, who's going this weekend?   I really haven't had much interest in it, but I have a girls night out tomorrow and that's the most fitting movie for it.   Now that I'm going I'm kind of excited.  Embarassed

Re: Magic Mike

• 6again6again member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    I want to see it.  Maybe when it comes to Redbox.

I do have girlfriends going to a midnight showing tonight.
  • My mom was invited by her teacher friends.  She has never seen a trailer for Magic Mike so she googled it and only read enough to see that it was a male stripper.  She really thought they were going to see a stripper.

I explained that it was a movie and she about died laughing.
  • Now that I'm not going OOT as I thought I was (and am kind of bitter about how things went down), I think I may take myself to see it.  I'm hoping I can round up a couple friends.
  • Mrs.Conn - you can still go out of town and come visit meeeeeeeee....   I'm less than 3 hours away.   Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

• my mom group is going.

• DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

How do you people even hear about new movies? I am so confused.

• I have made a friend at work and we are planning on going one day when we get out early and we are going to have cocktails.

DID I MENTION I HAVE A FRIEND!?!?
  • DG1 - you must have HMO on ignore because she's been talking about this for a year.
  • Min - YAY FOR FRIENDS! I am excited for you.

I might go tomorrow - GayH mentioned something about a girls' night, but his planning skills suck, so we'll see. 
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

YAY Min!

I definitely do not have hmo on ignore, but I don't watch much TV, so I tend not to read most of her posts that relate to TV. I might have thought Magic Mike was a show. 

Now that I see the trailer, I remember some talk about Matthew McConnaghey (sp?) going full monty at the end. 

I might have to make an effort to go see that. OTOH, it might be weird to go alone. Ordinarily I don't care about that stuff, but going alone to a stripper movie seems weird. 

• Yes - going alone would seem weird.
  • I think I can convince one of my friends to go with me :D
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • i want to take mil and ysil for vacation next week, but dh, ybil and fsil will probably make fun of us because i married into a terrible family.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_magic-mike?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:ee73ef06-3aad-4388-bad4-1bb13d697994Post:e51f2b4b-c874-45af-9263-120d17d2d167">Re: Magic Mike</a>:
    [QUOTE]i want to take mil and ysil for vacation next week, but dh, ybil and fsil will probably make fun of us because i married into a terrible family.
    Posted by hmonkey[/QUOTE]

Brides - let this be a lesson to you - these are things that should be considered before getting married.
  • I'm going!!!  I'm calling it my pre-bachelorette party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards