Wedding Woes
Options

After months of planning my dream wedding, I found out today that my cancer has returned and I now h

I live in Louisville Kentucky.  Any advice or hints would be extremely helpful.  I'm beyond bummed out.  This seems like the worst possible situation.  Please ladies, if anyone has any idea's, help a girl out!

Re: After months of planning my dream wedding, I found out today that my cancer has returned and I now h

• Options
    MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do your best to enjoy your wedding day. Surround yourself with people who love and care for you. 
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Woah.  That's a lot of info in a post title. 

I'm so sorry for your situation.  Have tried your local board for suggestions? 

I would honestly do a JOP wedding and book a reservation at a nice restaurant for the 'reception'.

Good luck and I hope your health improves.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Zilla and Myrtle. Keep it simple. Best of luck to you!
    MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    dharmabunnydharmabunny member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Agree with the rest.  Keep it simple and remember what matters most about a wedding.  Find a restaurant y'all like, let them do all the work for you (including playing the c card.  Crass, but may have the vendor working a little more for you).  Decorating, food choice, all of it.  Find a nice dress and JOP it, either at the restaurant or the courthouse or pastor's office.  Enjoy your friends, family and new hubby and drink the whole night in.

Good luck with crazy chemo.  There are some fabulous cancer centers in Louisville.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto surrounding yourself with the people you love - enjoy the day, don't worry about the details, they don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. Maybe you guys can have a "I'm cancer free and we're having an awesome party, damnit!" party when the chemo is finished, but for now have a simple JOP ceremony and go out to your absolute favorite restaurant and have your favorite meal (including drinks and dessert) - talk to your vendors, and explain the situation (if you've already put down non-refundable deposits) and they'll most likely work with you so that when you DO have your kicked-cancers-ass party you've already got that deposit down.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your cancer returning.  Just try to do your best to relax and enjoy your wedding day. 

i hope the chemo goes well and you get better soon.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear this, too.  Good luck, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    notamrsnotamrs member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ditto everyone else - and good luck with everything.  Hope your chemo goes smoothly and you have a very speedy recovery.

• Options
    jojobrnjojobrn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Again, ditto all the above. Best of luck with your treatment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry about this - but like all the PPs have said - don't stress and enjoy your day with those who matter most.  Rent out the private room at a restaurant, wear something that makes you feel beautiful, eat, drink, and celebrate marrying the one you love.   As Butter Cookie said - talk to the vendors and I'm sure you can work something out so that you can have an awesome party later.

Best of luck, healthy wishes, and congratulations on your upcoming marriage!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you're really wanting to get married before the chemo, then go for it! Do something small so that when your done with crazy chemo you can hit the books on planning a awesome huge wedding and celebration!
    From a 11-year cancer survivor: Best of luck, hold on to hope, get in some support groups and pray! 

• Options
    goat&rehabgoat&rehab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    STEP 1: STAY ENCOURAGED! NO MATTER WHAT!  ENJOY THE PLANNING, THE PROCESS, EACH OTHER AND MOST OF ALL THE CHALLENGES TO COME. LET ALL OF THIS BRING YOU AND YOUR HUSBAND-TO-BE CLOSER TOGETHER NOT FARTHER APART. YOU WILL BE BEAUTIFUL ON YOUR SPECIAL DAY CARRY THAT BEAUTY WITH YOU THROUGH THE REST OF LIFE.  GOD BLESS.
  • Options
    amynuzamynuz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry you have to think about crazy chemo at this time. Some things we just can't control in life so focus all your energy on what you can do and control. Have a fun party, with the people you truly want to be with, enjoy your relationship with your Honey, and when the chemo comes, remember that none of us knows what is in store for tomorrow, so ENJOY TODAY!

Good luck with everything.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with what the others have said... if you and FI have a special restaurant you frequent, I would call the manager and see if he or she can help you plan for a special day there. I would check with your florist and cake baker... perhaps they can arrange a special corsage or dessert for this day.  

Please know that you have an army of knotties behind you as you start your treatment. 
    "I once held a live hummingbird in my hand. I once married a Bryn Mawr girl. To a large extent they are twin experiences" -E.B White
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards