Wedding Woes
Options

Redistributing the Tiers

Y'all know about my friendship tier system. I have a friend who is currently tier 1, but I'm thinking she's going to have to be dropped down to 3 at least. She called me Saturday morning at around 10 am, talking about, "I've been awake since 6 am, sitting on the porch drinking tea. I can't sleep!" I made the mistake of asking her what's up, ready to reassure her that I'm still feeling just fine. She launched into a 45 minute whinefest about her life and her family and how she's not friends with so-and-so anymore***[more below] and blah blah blah. Y'all, she wore me the hell out with her nonsense. There wasn't anything she was talking about that was new or pressing or worth her yammering my ear off.

Andplusalso, for realz, I do not have it in me right now to play counselor. I kinda have pressing concerns of my own right now, ya know?! She knows this; she's one of the first people I told. And a part of me was a little peeved with her! Hello? I'm supposed to be the one calling and whining and carrying on!

***When I first got the word from the doctor, I called DH, my brother and BFF. BFF volunteered to serve as news-distributor/ point of contact for my many tiers of friends so they wouldn't overwhelm my phone/ email/ what have you. She included this Whiny chick on the mass email. (BFF and Whiny have a love/hate relationship.) Now Whiny is mad at BFF because Whiny's (and I quote) "not part of the committee" overseeing my health and well-being and getting the word out. She told DH this. His response was basically EABOD and DIAF. I think he's right. This is not about her level of importance, ya dig?

So the moral is, weddings and cancer show you who people really are. She has been demoted.

Re: Redistributing the Tiers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Geez Ww.  I can't believe you were so inconsiderate by not realizing how your health issues are affecting her self-importance. For shame.
  • Options
    *Candi**Candi* member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She needs to be like tier 5. WTW @ HER feeling being hurt during any of this?
  • Options
    ~~Busy.~~~~Busy.~~ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This reminds me of a story.  *off to post*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You know people are a trip.

I don't think some people really know how to handle things like this, esp when it's normally all about them with everything else.

People are people, for reals. I'm sure there are people that you would never have thought would have supported you like they are( tier 3) friends, and some that you knew would be there and they aren't.

I don't think people have to scream how much they are there for you, for you to know. Sometimes it's the card in the mail, text, or hug that let's you know more than anything that they say.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WonderH lives up to his name.

Friend sounds sucky. Also: It's good she's not on the "committee" because she'd be Debbie Downer about it, and nobody needs that negative energy crap spreading like frigging wildfire.

People need to stay positive. Dad's cancer showed me that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011

She has demoted herself.

• Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, nola, YES.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think this is one of those cases where you get to play the cancer card - "blah blah blah whine..." "oh yeah, well i have cancer" *crickets*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha@ Barbie. I will totally pull the C card when necessary.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just think you're finding out people's true colors.  It's always amazing what brings it out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards