Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Invite wording question

2»

Re: Invite wording question

• rumdrinxrumdrinx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not giving the non veg. people delicious options and saying to those who can't eat meat, well there's salad and mashed potatoes, go to town. That I find to be rude.so instead you are giving them ONE option of veg lasagna.  doyhere are a shittload of options:topping for the mashed potatoes: broc and cheese, fancy blue cheese, sauteed shrooms, veg chili, sour cream, chivestwo saladseggplant parmzucchini n tomatoes with parmthe previously mentioned plain cheese tortellini with choice of red sauces with or without shrimp or chicken.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Rum- Good thing it's not your wedding then. If people want to accomodate guests, it's none of your concern. And don't even say this is a public forum blah blah, I get that, but I wasn't asking should I serve x and y, I asked how to phrase WHAT I had already decided I was serving on my card.
  • edited December 2011
    It must be exhausting being you.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
    edited December 2011
    Oh yes, it's oh so very exausting.
  • edited December 2011
    Um, or you could actually just give them a real entree.  Again, do you know vegetarians?  I've been part of a number of conversations at banquets where friend are complaining that they feel like they're stuck eating "a bunch of side dishes" again rather than an entree that will actually fill them up.  Even with toppings and more than one salad, I disagree with you, rum. And wouldn't it be nice to know right when you got the invitation that someone was making an effort for you, rather than leaving you to just call them?
  • edited December 2011
    No one is saying don't accommodate anyone.  What sane rational people don't understand is why you need to ask some people what they will eat form a buffet, and not others.  Just serve it all and let people choose.I also am clueless as to how any caterer can think this makes sense.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a real entree.are you missing the point?  she is giving them ONE option!eat my goddammn pasta with red sauce ! make it a puttanesca sauce!  or vodka sauce!  just put it on the freaking buffet so that they are part of the action!
  • edited December 2011
    Seriously, rum...glad this isn't your wedding to plan :)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    seriously, i am glad that it is too.I also am glad that I am not discussing this with you live and in person because I would fling some stinking tabouleh salad and some tofurky at you.Good Day!
  • edited December 2011
    Wow...I'm really sorry that you're incapable of having a conversation in which two people have a differing opinion without resorting to middle-school-level behavior. :(
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A major reason why I'm choosing the have the kind of reception I am - and I am presuming that Buttons feels the same way - is that I want all my closest family and friends to come and to have a blast. That includes eating a great meal. Therefore, it's pretty important to me that I accommodate everyone so they can eat what they want. Buttons has my respect for doing the same thing.right.  because everyone else threw the kind of reception that they wanted in order to have their closest friends and family have a shite time and eat a piss poor meal.and for all your vegan friends that complain at buffets, here is your chance to make it right - let them actually be able to participate ni the buffet along with everyone else by - gasp - making sure that the buffet DOES include things that "they" like.are you really incapable of understanding ?
  • edited December 2011
    I think you're misunderstanding the format of how button's meal is working.  I was actually just asking her this over IM, and it makes even more sense to me now, too. (Clarify if I'm still somehow getting this wrong, Buttons.) She gets two carving stations and a pasta.  She's doing a beef, a chicken, and the pasta involves seafood somehow.  To set out an entire fourth entree at the buffet (the veg. lasagna as the pasta, for example) will cost extra.  However, serving just a few portions or a separate veg. option to those who need it does not cost extra.  The veg. option is already there for her and she can take it or leave it.  So from a cost perspective and an accommodating dietary needs perspective, it makes sense.  Now, do you actually have any input as to how she should word this, as this had already been decided before you started getting in a tizzy, insulting people, and flinging imaginary soy products at me?
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I do love the sentiment: i want to bend over backwards to accomodate EVERYONE at my wedding, even the vegetarians, as long as it doesn't cost me extra !  I mean, I would rather pay for  outdoor heaters for smokers who want to pollute their lungs and the fresh air, than actually create a dining experience which includes all of my guests who can participate in the buffet selections.
  • edited December 2011
    I can't help but to laugh at how people are getting so worked up over BP's RSVP cards. BP- I think you can do it the way you said you were going to. (# attending,  # not attending, # veggie) And it's not like the veggie people are going to be banned from walking up to the buffet line. They can be a part of the buffet line and pick some other things they may like just like everyone else can.  
    edited December 2011
    HW- Exactly. La rosita - Yes, it's the same price, rather then an extra 6pp or something crazy to add another pasta, and they can still partake in the potato bar/salad crap.
  • edited December 2011
    *high-fives other heather* right :)
  • edited December 2011
    OMG. The heater post was my favorite.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seriously HW!TK hasn't had enough threads with over 45 posts in ages!worked up?  not really.
  • edited December 2011
    ...except for the part where you got tabouli in my hair, rum. You do know how to liven things up. 
  • edited December 2011
    Oh come on Larosita- that was funny. You can't laugh at that?
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, it was funny.  Kind of mean/immature, not something I would ever say on this board, but funny. Hence my not ignoring it and referencing it two more times ;)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    mean?  ITS A FREAKING COUSCOUS SALAD.  AND TOFURKY!If I were mean I would said that I'd pop you across the jaw with my freaking fist.
  • edited December 2011
    Again, I see the humor, really.  I wouldn't say I consider it a *NICE* thing to do/say, though...Maybe I'm just sad that you forgot some pita bread to go with it.
  • edited December 2011
    Or were you leaving that out purposefully so as not to expose me to any gluten?
  • nmc0912nmc0912 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BP- If it helps you any...I know all of FIL's friends and Step FIL's family are not vegetarians. They all ordered Prime Rib or Chicken for my wedding.  So there should be no worries there..its mostly the other people that you do know of that have those dietary issues HTH!
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! It's mostly FI's friends and a few of my friends/families that I'm thinking of. Good to know though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards