Wedding Woes
Options

*crinkle brow* Annoying

So,

Is it de riguer to contact and follow up on sent resumes?  Just curious.

Re: *crinkle brow* Annoying

• Options
    For just a resume I would not follow up.
  • Options
    Was it for an actual job listing or did you just do a mail out of businesses that you might be qualified for?

If actual job listing, I would F/U.

If blanket mailing, I wouldn't.
  • Options
    No.  I only sent out resumes to companies with listings.  I'm getting a lot of the "no reply" email replies with my resumes that were emailed. 

Also, I have the feeling that this time of year is kind of a wrapitup time for HR and not a startanewone.  *growl*
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_crinkle-brow-annoying?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2c48b61-64a1-4179-bbf1-2ac91304a9f0Post:9d253c83-b269-46b4-bed2-3d26656d6038">Re: *crinkle brow* Annoying</a>:
    [QUOTE]No.  I only sent out resumes to companies with listings.  I'm getting a lot of the "no reply" email replies with my resumes that were emailed.  <strong>Also, I have the feeling that this time of year is kind of a wrapitup time for HR and not a startanewone.  *growl*</strong>
    Posted by **O-Face**[/QUOTE]

<div>Not necessarily.  My company is activally searching/interviewing because we'd like someone to start between xmas and new years, or after the first of the year.   Business is slow during these times, so it's a convienent to bring people on board during a slow time.</div><div>BTW, if you want to move to Ohio, I can get you a job.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards