Wedding Woes
Options

fall out with the best man

So, about 2 months ago, my fiance gets a call from his sister in law, his brother and her have always had a rocky relationship and got married just because they got pregnant. She never listens to him because she wants to just be spoiled. Anyway, seems that night of said call they got into a big fight were she wasn't listening to him and he was hitting himself because "that was the only way she would listen to him" he left the house for a drive. Then she called my fiance and made it sound like he was suicidal and went on a drunken rampage around town. We live 2 hours away from them so my fiance was thinking of driving down to look for him and see if he was ok. We ended up calling the cops so they can look for him. Then fiance's brother got back home by himself then the cops arrived, and he was pretty pissed at my fiance and told him that now he doesn't want to do anything with his family, and that he won't be his best man. I am really pissed at him because he is so sellfish and always has to be all about him, now my fiance probably won't have a best man or even if he does, I am having a hard time trying to be civil to the guy and I would be very surprised if he even got us a gift..over reacitng maybe? opinions? sorry, this is kinda long.

Re: fall out with the best man

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_fall-out-with-the-best-man?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:f3af483d-3da9-4e90-94e4-0b002966d6e5Post:c6241bdd-a657-447f-b767-52cf360a8e2b">fall out with the best man</a>:
    [QUOTE]So, about 2 months ago, my fiance gets a call from his sister in law, his brother and her have always had a rocky relationship and got married just because they got pregnant. She never listens to him because she wants to just be spoiled. Anyway, seems that night of said call they got into a big fight were she wasn't listening to him and he was hitting himself because "that was the only way she would listen to him" he left the house for a drive. Then she called my fiance and made it sound like he was suicidal and went on a drunken rampage around town. We live 2 hours away from them so my fiance was thinking of driving down to look for him and see if he was ok. We ended up calling the cops so they can look for him. Then fiance's brother got back home by himself then the cops arrived, and he was pretty pissed at my fiance and told him that now he doesn't want to do anything with his family, and that he won't be his best man. I am really pissed at him because <strong>he is so sellfish</strong> and always has to be all about him, now my fiance probably won't have a best man or even if he does, I am having a hard time trying to be civil to the guy and <strong>I would be very surprised if he even got us a gift</strong>..over reacitng maybe? opinions? sorry, this is kinda long.
    Posted by anitabonita12[/QUOTE]

you're worried about gifts, and <strong>HE</strong> is the selfish one?

your FI's family sounds trashy, and I don't understand why he is getting involved with the drama.
  • Options
    I don't think she is "worried about gifts"....the gifts comment sounds like an offhand remark.

OP: I think you should try not to get involved. I know it is hard because women tend to be the social moderators of families, but think about it - if it were reversed and it was your sister who did this, your fiance would prob sit back and let you handle it the way you wanted to.

I think you should ask him if he wants to get a new best man. Then, if the brother decides to show up to the wedding as a regular guest, let him. This is their thing, not yours.

My best friend's fiance had something kind of similar but not as dramatic happen, where he had a falling out with a groomsman about a month before the wedding. The guy didn't want to go to the wedding anymore, so my friend's FI was like, ok whatever. Ultimately, the guy did want to attend, but he had lost his spot in the bridal party so just came as a regular guest. It was fine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards