Wedding Woes
Options

HELP!

So my fiance and I have decided to pay for our own wedding seeing as my father who "offered" to pay has been nothing but difficult we are going to do it ourselves. That being said our budget is MUCH SMALLER than what we were going to have so we have opted to have only parents and siblings. Heres where the tricky part comes in, so my fiances parents are still married and he has no siblings (easy part right?!). Now for my family...my mother and father divorced when I was 5, my dad remarried and has no other kids, my mom remarried when I was 8 they divorced when I was 20 but I am still very close to my "stepdad" and "stepsiblings". My stepdad is now remarried and has 2 other stepchildren from this marriage. My mother has been dating a new guy for about 2 years that she lives with. So I now have 2 dads 3 moms and 6 siblings.....We would really like to invite our entire families but agree that parents and siblings only is the only way we can afford it...

How do we word an announcement saying "we got married with only parents and siblings in a SUPER SMALL wedding in our backyard"?????? we will be sending the announcement to friends and other family members that will NOT be invited.
Another note is that my father "thinks its weird that i call them my brothers and sisters"

We are trying to be delicate and not piss anyone off but im pretty much over the drama!

PLEASE HELP!!!!
Kayleigh

Re: HELP!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_help-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f45a7fd4-393b-483d-8da7-cb4acdc0257cPost:36cad2d2-1c26-4e94-91d7-31a798bfd024">HELP!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my fiance and I have decided to pay for our own wedding seeing as my father who "offered" to pay has been nothing but difficult we are going to do it ourselves. That being said our budget is MUCH SMALLER than what we were going to have so we have opted to have only parents and siblings. Heres where the tricky part comes in, so my fiances parents are still married and he has no siblings (easy part right?!). Now for my family...my mother and father divorced when I was 5, my dad remarried and has no other kids, my mom remarried when I was 8 they divorced when I was 20 but I am still very close to my "stepdad" and "stepsiblings". My stepdad is now remarried and has 2 other stepchildren from this marriage. My mother has been dating a new guy for about 2 years that she lives with. So I now have 2 dads 3 moms and 6 siblings.....We would really like to invite our entire families but agree that parents and siblings only is the only way we can afford it... How do we word an announcement saying "we got married with only parents and siblings in a SUPER SMALL wedding in our backyard"?????? we will be sending the announcement to friends and other family members that will NOT be invited. Another note is that my father "thinks its weird that i call them my brothers and sisters" We are trying to be delicate and not piss anyone off but im pretty much over the drama! PLEASE HELP!!!! Kayleigh
    Posted by KMoseley0211[/QUOTE]

So... you only want to invite blood relatives? I dunno... I would be kind of insulted if someone considered me their sister but not close enough to attend a wedding.

That's touchy ground. Is there any way you could invite the extras if you put off the wedding a few months or maybe changed the menu? If it's worth it to have them there with you, you could grill some burgers and keep it super simple.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    You asked for wedding announcement advice.  Go for something simple and straightforward:

We, Minnie Ann Disney
    and
    Mickey Matthew Mouse
    are pleased to announce
    the uniting of our lives into one
    when we exchanged marriage vows in an private (or intimate) ceremony
    on Saturday, the first of April
    two thousand
    First Fantasyland Chapel
    Orlando, Florida
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board