Wedding Woes
Options

Oh, Lord, you got a snake head in the green beans!

Mom Of Four Finds Snake Head in Frozen Green Beans

I’ve used lots of  little tricks to get my kids to eat their veggies.  Broccoli florets are little trees, and my girls are hungry giants.  Cauliflower are snowflakes, and green “crayons” (asparagus) are especially tasty roasted with olive oil or dipped into a side of ranch dressing.

But serving up green beans garnished with the head of a snake?  That’s bound to turn kids off greens for good.

Ernestine Jacobson was cooking dinner for her four kids when she opened a bag of Pictsweet cut green beans.  There was a hard piece inside — a rock, maybe? — and the Houston mom took a closer look, only to discover it was a snake head.

“When I saw it was a snake’s head I just threw it down and called my kids and said I got a snake head in the green beans, everybody said ‘Oh lord, you got a snake head in the green beans’,” Jamison told Fox News.

Her 15-year-old daughter took video of the evidence. “I saw big eyes, with a mouth open and a tongue coming out, it looked like it was ready to attack,” said Sarah Jamison.

The snake was in no position to hurt anyone, except maybe nutritionally from never eating green beans again. Hilariously, when Jamison called Pictsweet, they defended themselves by saying it wasn’t actually a snake head, but a frog. Oh, okay then. Time to eat!

They also offered Jamison $150 (which she turned down) and said the mistake wasn’t their fault.

Jamison seems to have kept a cool head (sorry) over it all, but her 17-year-old daughter Mariam says she’s quitting veggies for good. “Vegetables, umm, I don’t look at vegetables the same, I never really liked the vegetables but like now I can’t even go near vegetables,” she said.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587205,00.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fnational+%28Text+-+National%29&utm_content=Bloglines#" class="gmain" >imagewww.foxnews.com/images/599549/1_61_022310_snake.jpg" alt="" />

Re: Oh, Lord, you got a snake head in the green beans!

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This would have killed my dad dead.  Dead. 
  • Options
    awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I saw it was a snake’s head I just threw it down and called my kids and said I got a snake head in the green beans, everybody said ‘Oh lord, you got a snake head in the green beans’,” Jamison told Fox News.

Best description EVAR lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards