Wedding Woes
Options

another POLL.

also re: baby showers.

Re: another POLL.

• Options
    They were dumb for buying such gender specific stuff that they now have to start over from scratch.  Put your baby boy in a the damn pink swing and leave me out of it.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's absolutely ridiculous. They already have everything they need. 
  • Options
    I'm more angry at this one.
  • Options
    Younger SiL did this and registered for the pink versions of sh!t she already had. I went to the shower, ate, then left.
  • Options
    M2's shoes say "Little Dude" It's not like she can read.
  • Options
    Not hulk smash angry, but irritated angry.   I would probably not attend because it wouldn't be someone I was close with.   (None of my friends or family would do that.)
  • Options
    I always wonder when I see people with gender specific strollers and such. Really -- you bought that pink-clothed stroller?

That's your own stupid fault. Not my problem.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    you know what is funny? i love gender-specific stuff. but i have bought so many neutral things for baby lately. like, gray sweatsuits, or yellow and brown PJs. i figure i can hand them down to any of the future babies in our families and they can get use out of a lot of his things regardless of baby's gender.
  • Options
    I think clothes and things like that are fine to be gender specific - the majority of A's things are. But really - pink swings and strollers? I just think that's silly.

But that's JMO.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Also, all of that pink baby crap shows dirt more easily than a neutral color. 
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_another-poll-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:f5912287-57b3-4994-8d4b-bbb477739fbePost:75c5b679-190f-44cf-97cd-33ffa1f30748">Re: another POLL.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think clothes and things like that are fine to be gender specific - the majority of A's things are. But really - pink swings and strollers? I just think that's silly. But that's JMO.
    Posted by loveshine1[/QUOTE]

Same here.  The girls do have boy pajamas, but most of their clothes are girl clothes.

But the big stuff I puposely bought gender neutral because I knew we'd have another child soon.

Also, I don't really like the pink girly prints/designs of the carseats/strollers/high chairs.  Most of it is fug.
  • Options
    Yes.  I also judge people with character themed equipment (Pooh stroller, for example).
    imageimage
  • Options
    i don't mind follow up showers for new babies like this because i just assume it would be for gender-specific clothes and small things, not big ticket items. i'd never go to a shower for a 2nd or 3rd kid expecting to see big things.

any not-the-first-kid shower i have been to has always been really low key.
  • Options
    this would piss me off. it's unnecessary.

(this was one positive of not knowing the gender, all of our big ticket and nursery stuff is neutral - the only "girl" things she has are clothes)
  • Options
    that's a really smart thing to do. last shower i went to was for a couple who waited to find out the gender. i know they'll have more kids, so it was brilliant for them to just get gender neutral stuff right from the start.
  • Options
    Which is another reason why I appreciate couples who DON'T find out the gender.  Why the rush, you know?  
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards